Chapter 19: The Red Fox

Precious Sins

Chapter XIX: The Red Fox

[Adrien's POV]

It was game day. The final game of the football season before the playoffs. Preston had been excited for this day all week, having practice nearly every day after school and now that it was here, he was fired up for the game. He wouldn't stop pacing around this morning because he was so excited. He wouldn't stop talking about it either.

So, I decided to pump him up a bit further.

"Since you bought me cupcakes on Saturday, how about I do you a little favour?" I suggested to him that morning. We were sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast, still in our pyjamas because his game wouldn't start until the evening. Preston looked up from his bowl of cereal and glanced at me with a tilt of his head.

"What kind of favour are you suggesting?"

"I'm suggesting...that if you guys win, I'll do that typical high-school movie scene where the girl runs onto the field and gives the football jock a kiss," I said. I rested my cheek against my hand with my elbow on the table and looked at him with a smile. An amused glint took over Preston's face, breaking out into a full-blown grin.

"Oh, yeah? Well in that case...yes. I would kill to see you run onto the football field in front of the entire school and give me a kiss," He laughed. I rolled my eyes at him. Of course he would.

"So, we have a deal?"

"Yup," Preston didn't hesitate to answer. Then he went back to eating his cereal. I laughed and shook my head, going back to finish my own breakfast.

If they won, they'd be able to participate in the playoffs, and after that, the championship. That would be a memory that would last forever and would also be a great ending to the final football season Preston would ever get to play. We'll be graduating this year and it's crazy to think that high-school is almost over and that this football season was coming to an end. Though I wasn't too worried about them losing. They only lost one game so far this entire season, so I was confident they would win. It was Friday night, roughly six-thirty in the evening. Both teams had turned up to the football stadium and now were warming up on the field, while the guests were arriving and finding their seats on the bleachers.

I couldn't keep my eyes off Preston from where I sat on the bleachers. He looked good in his uniform, and when I say he looked good, I mean he looked really good. His uniform hugged his body well, showing off his muscles. It made me want to run over, jump into his arms, and kiss him.

I sighed heavily and rested my elbows onto my knees, laying my head in my hands. I closed my eyes for a moment, feeling the cold autumn breeze touch the skin on my face.

"Hey Adrien," I opened my eyes and looked up, only to see Asher sit down on the bleachers beside me with a soft smile. He wore a white linen shirt with the first few top buttons undone underneath a jean jacket and black ripped skinny jeans. He was looking a lot better this week than he had last week when he first found out he was pregnant.  No one else knew besides Daniel, my mom, and I, just because Asher wasn't ready to tell anyone else yet. He was still nervous about it.

"Oh, hey," I returned the smile and sat up straighter, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm...doing better. Yea," Asher nodded, "I mean, besides the morning sickness. I'm doing okay."

"That's good. Has Daniel told his parents yet?"

"Uh, no. We're not sure how we're going to tell them. Hell, I'm not sure how I'm going to tell my own dad. He'll probably kill me and it's stressing me the fuck out," He sighed. He looked down at his lap, ringing his fingers together.