Vegas calls

(A/N: I'm trying a sequel to my first story. Playing with the idea of protective and jealous Alex since we saw in S6 that she'd do anything for Piper. I write as ideas come to me, hopefully it's liked)

(Alex's POV)

"Oh come on baby! You're not under Kubra's command anymore! You can reschedule! Please? For me? Don't go yet." Piper pleaded me longingly, desperately and sadly from our bed as she watched me pack.

I was in the process of opening another nightclub in Vegas and my flight was leaving in 2 hours from JFK at 9PM meaning I'd be flying overnight and would be staying in Vegas for a week, well, 5 days, a working week. It was the only time slot on the runway of the airport I could get to allow our jet to take off. Piper couldn't come with me since Polly needed her at PoPi, I was still a business partner there and still had a very active role in the business but missed control and had a longing for more so I set up my own business, nightclubs, my knowledge of the night scene was extensive due to my history so they were already country wide (except a few cities like Vegas) and I was about to make them global as I had made PoPi, for Piper. My beautiful wife helped me with the nightclubs as a gesture to return the favour and honestly? I missed dressing like I was ready to party the night away every hour of the day and the way Piper looked at me in those outfits, not that she still didn't but I wanted her to be reminded of our good old days too.
The club franchise as a whole I had called 'Viper'. For many reasons. I thought it was a sexy name for starters, it was the name of a dangerous snake which let's be honest that's what most clubs are, it was not unlike the way I had snared Piper when we first met, which brings me to the final reason I had named the clubs this, I was picking up the mail one morning while Piper was still asleep in our bedroom lying naked in bed on her stomach clutching her pillow with a cute smile etched onto her sleeping face since I had worked her out the night before. Her's was the first in the pile, I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time since I had left them strewn on my nightstand from the night before, so all I could see was "Mrs. ..iper V..." the rest was slightly blurred. At the time I had laughed to myself saying "Haha Viper, well isn't that ironic?" And so the name of my club was born. A combination of the name of the love of my life and my last name which she had adopted 4 months ago when we got married.

"I'm sorry Pipes but I'm apparently under Daniel's command. He says it's the only time I can secure that particular premises in Vegas or the owner is going to sell it to Shake Shack. Who would've thought? Me, us, competing against Shake Shack. Not so long ago we would've sold our left arms to have a burger from that place." I chuckled and continued, "Anyway, can't you just ask Polly to do whatever she needs you to do on her own? Come with me babe." I ask.
"I tried Al but it's an order from a client that only likes me. Polly tried dealing with her before alone and fucked it all up. I asked if she could do it over the phone so I could go to Vegas with you but apparently she HAS to discuss it with me over dinner." Piper sighed and rolled over to faceplant her pillow giving me full view of her shorts covered ass. Today was very reminiscent of the time I was going to Bali and wanted Piper to come with me, I was leaving and she was wearing a tank top and shorts. I lustfully stared at her ass and couldn't stop thinking about how much I was going to miss her. It was only going to be 5 days, we'd been apart for much longer than that when I was in the cartel and even longer when Piper broke up with me 7 years ago. But Piper was now Mrs Vause who had been shot not so long ago, if I left her it felt like I was walking without feet.
"Hmm well it better just be dinner, if she tries anything and I mean anything, rubs your ankle with her foot under the table, leans in to whisper in your ear, grazes your hand with hers on the table, anything, call me and I'll be there in a heartbeat." I mused sitting at the foot of the bed with my back to her as I slipped into my red stilettos.
"Well, I should definitely know about those because they're your moves when you want a girl." She says in a tone that told me she had raised an eyebrow.
"Yes. They are my moves. Now, I'm curious, do they still work?" I chuckle.
I felt something soft yet firm hit me in the back of the head. I turned around and found my wife pouting at me with her arms folded. She'd thrown my pillow at me.
"What the fuck was that for?" I laughed.
"Yes. They do still work and like I'm ever going to cheat on you....again." She mumbled the last word so it was barely audible but I knew she was referencing Stella. The Justin Bitchber that almost stole her from me. Almost.
"I know babe, I said HER, not you and noted." I winked and laughed throwing the pillow back at her and stood up checking the watch on my wrist. I was wearing a pant suit, the one I always used when closing a deal with important people that didn't need me to dress seductively for them. I had 3o minutes to get to the airport and it was a 35 minute drive. I would only make it if I sped down the highway in my Porsche so I abandoned the idea of calling a cab to take me.
"Shit! Babe I gotta go! Aw ok baby I'll see you in a week then I guess." I exclaimed sadly to her.
She jumped off the bed and held me in a tight embrace as she wrapped her arms around my neck, I tightly snaked mine around her waist and kissed her tenderly on the cheek trying to prolong this moment for as long as possible. I then buried my head into her shoulder and inhaled her scent, closing my eyes. Piper didn't know but I'd sneaked a pair of her panties from the clean laundry pile into my suitcase to have a piece of her with me plus they smelled like her, her soapy, Gucci perfume, beautiful smell that was the smell of home to me.
"Aw Alex baby I'm going to miss you so much." She sniffled into my ear.
I leaned back to find small tears dripping from her eyes. I wiped them away with my thumb then used this to wipe away my lipstick from her cheek.
"No, leave it there, I don't want to take it off, not yet anyway." She told me referring to my lipstick on her cheek.
"Ok babe I'll miss you too. So much. You have no idea." I said with her face in my hands.
Remembering the little time I had left I released her and grabbed my suitcase. As I got to the front door, I turned around and hugged Piper tightly again,
"Remember kid, 'All I needed was the love you gave, all I needed for another day and all I ever knew-'"
"I know." She finished my sentence, "Only You."
This had become our thing when the other was going on a trip or wouldn't see the other in a while. Referencing Yaz's 'Only You' which had been our first dance at our wedding, our song.
"Ok, I'll see you Friday baby." I said, giving her a passionate kiss on the lips and shutting the door behind me.