Coming back to New York for a weekend

(Larry's POV)

My friends and I had taken a cab to LAX and were currently on the American Airlines flight back to my home city, New York. I had been in Los Angeles for 4 months now and I had already found a new fiancé. I knew it was fast but Piper and Polly were still on my mind and I wanted closure ASAP. Vanessa, my new fiancé had been through something too with her ex fiancé and felt the same way. We loved each other and just felt like we should go for it. That was all well and good until I was sitting in my window seat with the skyline of New York coming into view from below the clouds. I was on my way back to my hometown for my bachelor party.
I had a newspaper in my hand that I had picked up in LAX.
I had been in the store of the airport where they sold candy to suck on the plane to stop your ears popping when I caught a glimpse of my ex fiancé and my arch enemy wife of hers smiling back at me from the front cover of the newspaper I was currently holding.
My mind flashed back to the time in Hawaii when I was still with Polly and had been talking to their friend Nicky at the pool bar,
"What does Alex Vause have that I don't? What can she give Piper that I can't?"
Well, I guess my questions were answered, well first she had a jet black convertible Porsche that her and Piper were leaning on in the picture, she gave Piper a business that went global, a club franchise she'd named after her that was about to go global and god knows what else.
Fletcher was in the middle seat beside me, Tom was in the aisle seat, Cooper was behind me, Michael was behind Fletcher and Jake was behind Tom.
I was reading Alex's interview,

Olivia Williams:
"So, Mrs Vause. You've set up a lot of clubs under the same franchise all over the country now, why the name Viper?"

Alex Vause:
"It's a funny story actually. I needed a sexy, short name for my club because who wants to go to a club that's name is a tongue twister? It came to me one morning while my wife was sleeping and I went to pick up our mail for the morning. Obviously as you can see, I wear glasses but I didn't have them on at the time and her's was the first letter on the pile, so all I could read was Mrs iper V. It then hit me, Viper. Basically, the clubs are named after my wife."

Olivia Williams:
"Great, that's really cute of you. Are you saying your wife is sexy then?"

Alex Vause:
"Thank you and yes, of course I am. My wife is very sexy."

Olivia Williams:
"Speaking of your wife. Don't you two already have a thriving business together that is already global called PoPi?"

Alex Vause:
"Yes, we do."

Olivia Williams:
"Then why the clubs?"

Alex Vause:
"I'm still a business partner at PoPi, I still work there a lot. I set up the clubs simply because Piper and I could and we wanted to... expand our empire I guess."

Olivia Williams:
"Fair enough, lastly, where is the next Viper expected to be set up? It's clearly a successful club and people everywhere are anticipating it landing in a city near them."

Alex Vause:
"Honestly? I have no idea. I'm flying back to New York tonight. I was actually planning on letting my wife decide on where she wants the next club to be. So, wherever Viper crops up next will all be Piper's idea."

Olivia Williams:
"Thank you Mrs Vause."

Alex was obviously out of town but as she had said in the interview, comes back tonight. It was currently 5pm. Fletcher interrupted me from my thoughts,
"Dude! I know you're engaged and everything but isn't it such a shame that those two are lesbians and married to each other?! God, I would smash them both." He laughed, noticing I was reading this and turned back to Tom.
None of my L.A friends knew about my past life, about Piper, about Alex, none of it. All they knew was I was a journalist from New York and that we were heading back there now for my bachelor party.

An hour later we were in 2 cabs heading to our hotel. We got our rooms, changed for the night and went to a diner for burgers after our journey. We ate and my friends got up excitedly, dragging me by the shirt, I threw the bills on the table with a tip once we got the check and headed out the door.

"Dude, for your last weekend of freedom, we are taking you to the hottest club in America now." Fletcher told me, slapping me on the back. Fletcher was my new best friend since Pete wouldn't talk to me now after the whole Polly thing.
He continued,
"Remember that hot chick Alex Vause and her club franchise you were reading about on the flight over?"
My heart was in my mouth and all I could feel was dread. Not only could my ex fiancé and ex girlfriend be inside this building, but so could Alex Vause. The owner herself. God help me. Before I could say another word, they shoved me through the doors and into a booth right in front of the pole dancers. 'Club Can't Handle Me' by FloRida was blasting through the club as the multi coloured streak lights were bouncing off every surface.
Fletcher grabbed me and pulled me to the bar. Nicky was bartending and we locked eyes.
Fletcher broke the awkwardness that he wasn't aware of,
"6 beers please beautiful." He winked at Nicky.
"Sorry pal, I'm gay and married." She laughed and pleasantly scoffed at him.
"Damn, is every chick in this club gay?" He laughed grabbing his beer and the four others for my other friends and went to sit back down.
"Hey Lar! Come on!" They shouted over to me.
"Yeah, give me a sec guys." I said pointing up at the TV displaying a football game above Nicky, pretending I was interested in it.
"Vause isn't going to like it if she sees you here." Nicky tells me.
"Which one? Alex or Piper?" I asked her.
"Well, I was thinking Alex but yeah I don't think your ex will be too thrilled either." She answers.
Another customer came up and ordered.
"Give me 'The Vauseman.'" They asked Nicky.
"Coming up." She winked, pulling out a glass, vodka, rum, Jameson, tequila and various other ingredients.
'The what?' I thought to myself and my eyes found the cocktail specials.
'The Piper', 'The Alex' and 'The Vauseman'. Of course. I rolled my eyes and looked away and there, in the VIP booth behind velvet ropes were Polly and Piper. I went back to the booth with my friends but couldn't take my eyes off Piper and Polly laughing together. I'd forgotten how beautiful Piper and her smile was. I overheard a bit of their conversation,
"Come on Pol! I requested some of Alex's favourites! She's coming back tonight!" Piper was excitedly and drunkenly telling Polly and dragging her to the dance floor.
Fletcher caught me watching,
"Wow dude. You've got a good eye. Those two are gorgeous!" He shouts just audible over the music. I said nothing. I didn't want anyone knowing about my past except the people who knew about it or who were in it. In the dark, streak lighting atmosphere of the club, Fletcher obviously didn't register that the girl in the VIP booth was the other Mrs Vause that was on the front cover of every newspaper in America right now because he immediately got up with the intention to hit on my exes. With Alex due back in town tonight, no way in hell was I going over there.