Wedding dress store - Piper's flashback

(Piper's POV)

Polly and I were in Kleinfeld Bridal as I tried on wedding dresses. Alex and I had already picked the colour and style of the bridesmaid dresses we wanted Nicky and Polly to wear. They were going to wear slim red dresses with a belt of small diamonds around the waist. Red and white were our chosen wedding colours for the old rhyme plus red was Alex's favourite colour and I didn't mind it either.
I had picked about 8 wedding dresses to try on and they were currently waiting for me in the dressing room.
I was currently watching Polly getting tailored for her dress, making sure it was perfect, both of us nursing a flute of champagne that was complimentary since we were buying dresses today. I was holding Polly's champagne in my other hand since neither me or the owner of the store wanted her to spill any on the dress. This was going to be the most important day of my life after all.
When the dress was tailored, the owner and I stood back to see if it suited her and luckily it did.
"So, what do you think Pipe? Good enough for your wedding to supercunt?" She asked me, twirling around in her dress whilst standing on her little podium looking at it in the three mirrors that surrounded her.
"Polly!" I snapped, refusing to answer her question until she apologised for calling Alex that.
"What?!" She asked, not knowing what she'd done.
I raised my eyebrows at her and she knew immediately.
"Oh. Sorry. Force of habit. Okay, what do you think of the dress? Is it good enough for your wedding to ALEX?" She asked again, correcting herself at my request.
I smiled,
"Much better. And yes, it's perfect! We'll take it! Oh and there's another one to be fitted for my fiancé's bridesmaid." I exclaimed happily and told the owner.
"Oh not to worry, Miss Vause has already arranged for her bridesmaid to be fitted later today." The owner assured me.
I smiled and sipped more champagne as Polly went back to the dressing room beside mine to change back into her normal clothes. When she came out, the owner took her place in the changing room and re-emerged with Polly's dress in a full length dress bag which she hang on a rack behind the counter waiting for us to buy it.
Polly clapped her hands together and snatched both champagnes from me.
"Your turn, soon to be Mrs Vause!" She exclaimed and ushered me into my own dressing room where my choice of 8 wedding dresses awaited me. Before I closed the curtain, my mom rushed into the store.
"Piper darling! I'm sorry I'm late! Oh good, you haven't started yet!" She panted, going to sit beside Polly as the store owner smiled at her and poured her a glass of champagne.
I was in the process of trying on the first dress and Polly immediately started to worry.
"Pipe, what if your Mrs-to-be doesn't want me at your wedding?! She hates me!" She panics through the curtain separating us as she sat on the other side of the curtain, waiting for me to emerge in my first dress.
"Pol, she doesn't hate you. She may not be your biggest fan, but she doesn't hate you." I laugh, reassuring her, fixing the final touches of the dress before pulling back the curtain.
"So, what do you think?" I asked my best friend and mom.
"Oh honey, you look beautiful but it's a bit loose at the bust." My mom said.
I looked down and had to agree, sadly smiling.
"Polly?" I asked my best friend for her opinion.
"Yeah Pipe, I have to agree with your mom, it's nice but it's not your dress." She said sympathetically and a little empathetically since she knew how long this process could take due to her marrying Pete.
I sighed and went back into my dressing room, emerging and re-emerging with dresses 2,3 and 4, all had problems with either the bust, the train or the waistline. I had made sure I tried on the dresses that I knew wouldn't really suit me first since my favourite had a good chance of fitting me perfectly. I gambled with dress number 5, my favourite one. I emerged wearing it, with a nervous smile.
My mom and Polly looked at each other.
"What? What does that mean?" I asked them.
"Oh Piper, it's the one." My mom cooed, almost crying and Polly just nodded.
"Even if Alex doesn't want me there, I'm coming just to take pictures of you wearing that." She stated.
I chuckled incredulously at her.
"Polly, Alex isn't stopping you coming to our wedding! We had a discussion about our bridesmaids before we left prison and we agreed on Nicky for her and you for me. You're my best friend and Nicky is hers! Anyway, if she wants to be my wife, she's going to have to start either liking or accepting you and-" I started to explain but she cut me off.
"Thank you!" She laughed.
I chuckled in response.
"Oh I'm not done. If you want to stay my best friend, you're going to have to try to get along with her. That goes for you too mom, I love her and want her to feel accepted by you. All of you." I scold.
"If she makes you happy, that shouldn't be too hard to ask." My mom nodded so I turned to Polly expectantly.
"Yeah, yeah of course, same here." She agreed.
"Miss Chapman?" The owner politely interrupted us and gestured to the podium Polly had just left, offering to tailor my dress for me. She continued when I didn't move.
"Is that your chosen dress?" She asked.
"Oh, I'm sorry, yes it is!" I told her happily and stood on the podium surrounded by the three mirrors as she got to work.