An awkward dinner

(Piper's POV)

Alex and I walked into the dining room hand in hand. Since we were last in, of course the only seats available were opposite Larry and Vanessa.
During dinner my mother decided to make this already awkward dinner even worse.
"So, Alex. I wonder if you'd enlighten us about the adventures you and Piper went on together since our daughter failed to tell us." My mom asked my wife who now looked like a deer in the headlights. I flashed my mother an embarrassed look and Alex a 'don't you dare' look.
Alex saw my look and smirked.
"Of course Mrs Chapman, I mean, Carol. Hmm, which story should I tell them first babe?" She asked me with a wide grin on her face. She was loving this.
She didn't wait for me to answer.
"Oh! I know! I'm assuming Piper never told you our pork chop story?" She asked.
My family shook their heads.
Okay, this story was hilarious to Alex but embarrassing to me, I had to try to stop her telling my family, ex fiancé and childhood bully.
"Alex. If you loved me at all you would not tell this story." I begged her. She simply smirked in response and my Dad encouraged her,
"Piper, let her speak. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm intrigued now since you never told us. Besides, now we finally have a chance to talk to Alex."
I shrunk in my seat and Alex grinned like a chesire cat and began to tell them the pork chop story and made it worse by continuing with the stomach virus I got in Java.
"The whole village came out to watch her!" Alex laughed and continued,
"I took her to a hospital immediately after though, I was worried about her. Not nearly as worried as I constantly am now though since she was shot. My boss paid the hospital bill."
My mom spoke up,
"The same boss that shot her in the first place?"
"Yes. Kubra had his kind days." Alex awkwardly sighed.
"Wow. Piper. You and Alex have really been everywhere together. I mean, you really have lived." Vanessa says in a monotone. She was visibly jealous. I filled her in on what Alex used to be which is what allowed us to travel everywhere. Revenge I guess for Alex telling those stories.
"Yes Vanessa we have. Alex used to be a drug dealer actually and took me all over the world with her as she made deals. It's how Larry and I broke up actually. Alex and I had been broken up for 8 years, but last year she landed me in prison and we reunited there." I finished.
Her eyes were as wide as dinner plates.
"Y-You've b-been to prison? A-And s-she was a d-drug dealer?" Vanessa stammered.
Alex started to rub her hand up and down my back.
"Yes." She simply answered. Curtly. Vanessa was never going to make it on Alex's friendship list now.
My mom growled at Vanessa,
"I hardly think my daughter getting shot and going to prison is a good thing."
Vanessa was the one to look like a deer in the headlights now,
"No. No Mrs Chapman. Of course not." She stammered.
Alex was glaring at her as she was seemingly taking amusement in my near death. As in, if looks could kill she'd be dead. She changed her expression and smirked at Vanessa when my mom scolded her and continued to rub her hand up and down my back. Vanessa glowered back at her.