Getting ready for my wedding-Piper's flashback

(Piper's POV)

I woke up smiling the biggest smile and stretched in bed, still grinning.
"A+P Vause." I said aloud and grinned even wider. I realised at that moment that mine and Alex's names together with her last name and my soon to be last name were her initials.
"Alex Pearl Vause." I then said aloud.
I got into a giddy rhythm repeating the two.
"Alex and Piper Vause."
"Alex Pearl Vause."
"Alex and Piper Vause."
"Alex Pearl Vause."
I started to giggle unbelievably happily.
"MRS Alex and Piper Vause."
My joy was interrupted by Polly sighing from one of the couches that she chose to sleep on in mine and Alex's honeymoon suite.
"Ugh Pipe would you shut up already! I'm happy for you and all that, like, happy wedding day but it's 9AM! Fuck off!" She groaned and pulled her pillow over her head. Pulling it away briefly she added,
"Oh and how does it feel? About to be Mrs Supercunt?"
I hated when she called Alex that. Alex was mine to love and protect forever even against my best friend. I bent down to the floor from bed and threw my flip flop at her. It hit her on the side of the head.
"Ow! Jesus Pipe what the fuck?!" She protested, rubbing her head with a frown.
"Call Alex that again Polly and I swear to god you'll get the other flip flop." I warned.
"Ok fine, how does it feel about to marry the woman who ruined your life and sent you to prison?" She asked again.
I sat up in bed, glared at her and folded my arms.
"Polly." I snapped and warned her again.
She rolled her eyes and chuckled.
"Okay okay sorry Pipe. How does it feel when you're about to be married to the woman of your dreams? How does it feel about to marry ALEX?" She asks.
I grinned again and flopped happily back onto the mattress that Alex and I would DEFINITELY cover every square inch of tonight. My arms spread out and sideways across the bed on either side of me, my hair splayed across the pillows as I grinned at the ceiling and answered her.
"I'm gonna be Mrs Piper VAUSE Polly. I feel.... I feel AMAZING." I squealed happily, bringing the pillow on Alex's side of the bed over my face so I couldn't see Polly's disgusted eye roll. Nothing was going to ruin this day for me. Not even Polly and my pathetic ex. Not even my parents.
I stretched again and got out of bed just in time for my mother to knock on the door. I groaned, rolled my eyes and went to open it, greeting her with a false smile that she has never seen through.
"Hi mom!"
"Piper darling! Happy wedding day! Your Alex isn't here is she?" She asked in the same false tone I had with the hint of genuine which changed to nerves and awkwardness when she asked about Alex.
I sighed,
"No mom she's in Nicky's room. Look I know you and Dad hate her but she makes me happy and I AM marrying her in 3 hours." I tell her.
"Oh no sweetie, I was just asking since it's tradition not to see the bride before the altar that's all. If Alex makes you happy, she makes you happy. It's your life. Your father and I talked about it last night, if Alex makes you happy and starts to do right by you, we'll try to accept her."
I smiled, genuinely. Grateful.
"Thanks mom." I said and we hugged each other.
"Right honey, lets get you ready for your wedding!" She chimed and clapped her hands.

My mom and Polly went to the mini bar in the suite to give me some privacy as I changed. I went to mine and Alex's designated underwear drawer and saw her black laced matching sets sitting parallel to mine and grinned. I pulled one of Alex's bras out and inhaled her scent, closing my eyes. Electricity shot through my body as the smell of Alex hit me. The smell of Hugo Boss perfume, soap, alcohol and leather. Love coursed through my veins. Reluctantly yet excitedly, I put her bra back where she had left it and lifted my own red and black set that was her favourite. I mean, it was our wedding day after all, why shouldn't I treat her?
I walked to the bathroom and showered for around 20 minutes and went back to the bedroom area. After changing into fresh underwear, ready for Alex tonight, I brought my wedding dress out from the closet and changed into it.
I walked to the mini bar in my dress to ask my mom and best friend to help with my makeup. I wanted as much help as I could get since I wanted to look good for Alex.
"Oh Piper... you look... beautiful." My mom sniffled.
"Aw Pipe!" Polly chimed in.
Another knock at the door sounded and I went to open it. Lorna, Cal and my Dad were standing in the doorway. Lorna had a small box in her hands tied with a neat bow and a small note stuck to it. My older brother Danny couldn't make it to our wedding since he was caught up at work. Apparently being one of the best surgeons in New York was a busy job. Too busy apparently to go to your only sister's wedding.
"Honey you look beautiful." My Dad smiled and stepped past me to greet my Mom and Polly.
Cal hugged me tightly and followed suit with my Dad leaving Lorna standing in the doorway holding out the small box to me.
"A gift from your fiancé." She grinned as I took it.
I flipped the note and read,

"Just a small wedding gift for the most beautiful bride in the world. See you at the altar. All my love,
Your Alex.
xxxxxxxx"

I smiled at the 'Your Alex' and opened it, untying the bow to see the most beautiful pair of diamond earrings.
I grinned at Lorna who was grinning back at me.
"Did you know about this?!" I asked her happily.
"Yeah. She gave Nicky her credit card and sent her to the most expensive jeweller in Hawaii with strict instructions to get you these earrings. She told us that you'd spotted them when you were here together before." She replied, grinning at me. Lorna loved weddings after all.
I smiled,
"I can't believe she remembered. After all these years." I breathed.
Lorna shrugged,
"Well, she loves ya! She really loves ya! What can I say?" She grinned as we hugged.
We went to meet the rest of my gathered guests.
"Piper, I ordered room service to bring you breakfast. You need to be chipper if you're going to get married this afternoon! Oh and with a side of champagne." My mother gleefully smiled.
Room service came and I ate while everyone sipped on their flutes of champagne. It was a bit early to be drinking but fuck that, marrying Alex only happened once. This was the best day of my life.
Polly and Lorna helped me with my makeup, I curled my hair and slipped my heels on.
It was now 11:30AM.
Half an hour until I said "I do."
Everyone but my Dad left.
I turned to the earrings Alex had bought for me and grinned, putting them on at the vanity unit in the bathroom.
I was ready to be Mrs Piper Vause.
I walked out to my Dad who held out his arm.
"You ready?" He asked.
"Oh yes." I grinned and we left the hotel suite arm and arm, ready for him to hand me over to Alex. Ready for him to hand me over to the woman I've loved for 11 years. Ready for him to hand me over to the love of my life.