Nightly stealing

(Piper's POV)

It was 2AM and we were in bed after a great New Year's night, dinner/breakfast and a lot of loving sex. Alex was currently lying on her stomach with literally ALL of the duvet wrapped around her. This was why I was awake at 2AM, I was suddenly cold thanks to my wife stealing the covers. Each time I tried getting them back, she growled in her sleep and pulled them back again and with her being stronger than me, I had no chance.
I was now wide awake and thought it was pointless trying to get back to sleep with no covers so I quietly slid out of bed, not daring to wake Alex, grabbed a book then an idea came to me.
Alex's glasses were sitting on her nightstand.
"Alright babe, you steal my duvet, I steal your glasses." I whisper hissed at my sleeping wife and continued,
"Awww look at you looking so peaceful and happy with all the covers, my thieving angel." I looked at her glasses, lifted them and put them on my face. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the lenses but when they did, I continued to whisper to my sleeping wife.
"Good luck waking up without these, they're mine now." I whisper evilly and get up with my book tucked under my arm, kissing Alex very gently on the forehead which was responded to with a slight smile creeping on her lips. Even her subconscious knew when we were physically touching. Unbelievable.
Not wanting to put the light on and wake Alex even if she had woken me up, I briefly put the book down, grabbed the thin sheet we had at the end of our bed and wrapped it around my, thanks to Alex, naked self, going out to the balcony to read. The street lamps were enough to let me see the words. In a way, this was pretty peaceful.

(Alex's POV)

I turned around in bed to hug Piper and bring her into me but my hand landed on cold sheets and this, mixed with the feeling of no Piper, instantly woke me up. Going by the cold sheet, she'd been out of bed for a while. What?! Where the fuck was she?! I got out of bed and put on my robe, going to hunt down my missing wife. I was now worried that she wasn't in bed with me anymore. Had she been kidnapped while I was asleep?! Had she gone for a very early morning run?! I decided to call for her,
"Piper?!"
"Out here."
Her voice came from the balcony so I immediately set off in that direction, ready to give her a piece of my mind for scaring me like that.
As I got closer, I started my rant.
"Pipes?! What the fuck?! Don't ever fucking scare me like that again! I thought you'd been kidnapped or something! Jesus!"
When I got outside with her, I snorted in laughter at what I saw. She was wearing my glasses.
"Well what am I supposed to do when you steal the covers all night long?! Freeze?! And what are you laughing at?!" She asks incredulously.
I quirked an eyebrow at what she'd just asked.
"You could always use me as a body warmer, when have I ever complained about that?" I suggested.
"Is your mind just wired for sex?" She asks, looking at me from above the rim of my glasses.
"With you my dear, yes." I smirked.
She smiled and asked again,
"You're insatiable, but seriously Al, what are you laughing at?"
I continued to smirk, scanning her up and down. Not only was she wearing my glasses but she was wearing nothing but my glasses and a bed sheet. I had to agree, it was pretty chilly, I could see Piper's nipples protruding under the sheets and the sight was doing nothing but turning me on.
"You don't look half bad in those." I tell her, using an old line I'd used on her in prison when I was trying to get her back.
She knew what I was talking about immediately.
"Yeah well good because they're mine now." She said and went back to reading her book.
I raised my eyebrows and smiled.
"Oh are they?" I asked, coming to bend over her and wrap my arms around her, surrounding her face with my hair.
"Mmhmm, you steal my duvet, I steal your glasses. Fair's fair." She hummed triumphantly.
I smirked and kissed her temple, taking my glasses back with my teeth, grabbing a leg between my front teeth and lifting it off her ear which resulted in my glasses lifting from her face.
"Alex!" She laughed.
I took my glasses out of my mouth, folded the legs and put them in my hand.
"Well I'm gonna need these back to see, but, in return, you may have our duvet." I say and take her hand to lead her back into our bedroom.
As promised, I put my glasses back on my nightstand and wrapped her in our duvet, sitting on top of it, reading her book as she fell asleep on my shoulder.