Oh dear God

(Piper's POV)

Putting mine and Alex's mugs in the dishwasher with Nicky and Lorna's, I went back to my now cold bacon, putting it in the microwave for 5 minutes and eating it. Alex had gone for a shower and had been there for 15 minutes now.
There was a knock on the door. I could still hear the shower running and Alex lowly humming so I went to answer it.
Oh dear God. Alex was right. Larry was back in town.
"Jesus! Larry! Alex was right! You are back!" I hissed/whispered in shock at him. If Alex knew who was at our door she'd be less than pleased so I closed it so it was only open around 6 inches, enough for my head to peer out at Larry and no more.
"What? What are you doing here?!" I continued to hiss. Desperate for him to leave.
He sighs,
"I know you were shot."
I widened my eyes and raised an eyebrow at him, flinching slightly at the memory,
"How the hell do you know that?"
He stiffened his lips into a line,
"Alex let it slip when she was on a war path with everyone about how Fletcher managed to get to you."
"Oh, Jesus, speaking of Alex, she's in the shower right now, but Larry, if she sees you we're both dea-"
I was interrupted by the sexy deep husk of my wife's voice, who from behind me, sounded bemused as to why I was peering out of our front door talking to someone.
"See who Pipes?" She asked.
"Shit." I mumbled under my breath and looked at Larry who now looked like a deer in the headlights begging me with his eyes not to open the door. I had to, Alex was my wife, my jealous protective wife at that. I flashed him an apologetic look and turned to face Alex who was rubbing her wet hair with a towel to dry it, wearing her black silk robe again.
As I turned to face her, I knew I had a guilty expression on my face but I honestly opened the door for her to reveal Larry and confessed.
"Him."
I looked from Alex back to Larry. Alex had stiffened, extending herself to her full height, pursing her lips tightly together and gave Larry a look that if her eyes were lasers, they would've burned a hole through his head. Larry simply took one mildly confident look at Alex and turned back to me.
"Let me see it." He demanded. I knew exactly what he was talking about due to our previous conversation that Alex had walked in on.
"What?! No!" I protested.
"Piper, please?" He insisted.
"She said no Bloom. Take the hint." Alex sharply interrupted from behind me.
"If the last 6 years meant anything to you-" Larry continues, ignoring Alex.
"I swear to God!" Alex raises her voice and I could tell she was coming closer.
"Fuck you Larry! Really? Emotional blackmail? But fine." I protested and sighed, slipping the shoulder of my gown down so Larry could see my scar.
"Jesus." Larry breathed and went further through the door, holding out a hand to touch it.
"Don't touch it Larry. Please." I begged him. This scar made me feel so unsexy, I knew Alex didn't care about it and that she saw it on a daily basis but for me it was a flaw on my skin. A reminder I had danced with death.
At this, Alex protectively strides behind me and tenderly puts my gown back up to cover my scar, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into her, rubbing my back with it. I could smell her marzipan scented body lotion.
"Larry, you better have a good fucking reason as to why you're standing in my doorway, upsetting my wife and not with your new fiancé." She snarled at him.
Hold on. What had she just said?! Fiancé?! Really?! In 4 months?! Wow, he moved fast.
"Fiancé?!" I looked to Alex, then to Larry, shocked.
"How about this? You let my ex fiancé get shot. How close to death was she?" He snaps at Alex.
I exhaled sharply. That was too much. I freed myself from Alex's grasp and sprinted to our bedroom, tears running down my face. I slammed the door, turned against it and slid to the floor. Crying. I loved Alex so much and seeing her in pain at my pain and almost death almost killed me anyway, remembering it, the burning searing pain in my shoulder, the amount of blood I had lost. It was coming back to me in floods.

Flashback

My eyes were now open by slits, my vision was blurry. I could hear Alex screaming at me.
"Piper?! Baby?! Hold on for me! I love you so much! Don't you dare die on me! I can't lose you! Not again!"
I tried to reply but nothing came out. Nothing could or would come out.
The slits were gone and I could see nothing but darkness again.
What felt like hours later, the slits and my vision came back. It was Alex again.
"Baby, this is going to hurt but it's the fastest way to get you in there okay?" She asked me, I could hear utter desperation in her voice. I nodded without knowing what I was agreeing to until another searing pain shot through my body. Alex had lifted me and was currently sprinting at full speed into the hospital. I screamed at the pain and Alex hurriedly apologised. She was yelling again,
"SOMEONE! PLEASE HELP MY WIFE! SHE'S BEEN SHOT AND HAS LOST SO MUCH BLOOD! SHE KEEPS DIPPING IN AND OUT OF CONSCIOUSNESS! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP HER!"
I was then transferred from her arms to a bed. Alex grabbed my hand. Squeezing it tightly. I felt like I needed to apologise for all the shit I had put her through. I needed to if this was the last time I was ever going to speak to her. She was begging me to hold on, not wanting me to say goodbye.
"I'm trying... my best... Al for you... I will... do anyth-" I tried to wheeze out but my vision was fading and I could hear the machines beeping loudly and uncontrollably as it was getting darker.
Alex screamed again,
"What's going on?! What's happening to her?!"
Darkness.
I woke up not knowing where I was. Where was Alex? Briefly forgetting my situation I tried to get out of bed to go find her. My shoulder screamed at me in punishment. Oh that's right, I was shot in the shoulder. My surgeon was in my new, private room marking up details of my medical records but quickly stopped what he was doing to gently push me back down onto my hospital bed and explained I had obtained an injury to my shoulder from a gunshot wound and that I would be fine.
"Where's... Alex?" I croaked.
"Where's who?" He asked me.
"Alex. My wife. Mrs Vause. I want to see her." I told him.
"Ok no problem I'll go get her for you." He smiled and went to bring my wife to me.

Snapping out of it and picking myself up from the floor, I went to mine and Alex's ensuite to freshen up. Good thing it was morning and I had no makeup on. I grabbed tissues sitting on the vanity unit and dabbed my eyes and nose with them. About 10 minutes of trying to make myself look presentable again, I headed back out to Alex and Larry.