Was it something I said?

(Larry's POV)

I didn't know what to do. Alex. The person I probably hated the most in the world. The person who married my ex fiancé. The person who made my ex fiancé cheat on me. The ex drug dealer who landed my ex fiancé in prison. Alex scary as hell Vause, my enemy, the person who hated me as much as I hated her who was usually terrifying at the best of times, was crumpled in a mess on the floor of her and Piper's penthouse apartment in upper class Manhattan at my feet. Shaking with tears streaming down her face.
I could tell that by her reaction to my words, Piper had been very close to death. Her reaction told me that she did also truly love Piper.
I didn't know what else to do other than stare at her and ask repeatedly if she was ok but she never responded. Going by her flashback, trance-like state, there was only one person who would, no, could snap her out of it.
Speaking of which.
Piper re-emerged and called for her.
"Alex?"
She must've heard the silence.
Her eyes found her wife crumpled and crying at my feet and of course, I got the blame but not before Piper's second attempt to snap Alex out of it.
"Oh my God! Alex?! Baby?! Are you ok?!"
Again, Alex doesn't say anything but finally and swiftly moves to bring Piper in for a series of kisses that never seems to end. They were deep, needy kisses that were full of longing. Whatever it was that she had been reliving, she needed to make sure Piper was safe and I guess, real and alive.
I stared in shock at the scene unfolding before me. Piper managed to break away from Alex's grasp briefly to yell at me,
"What the fuck did you do and/or say to her?!" She growled up at me from the floor.
Alex quickly pulls her back in again for more deep and continuous kisses, her longing to know if Piper was still there, beside her on the floor, alive and breathing becoming apparent again.
I decided to answer while Piper was somewhat otherwise occupied. The woose side of me becoming apparent,
"I don't know! I'm sorry! I'm going to go. I'm, I'm so sorry." I stammered. I also really had no idea what I had done. All I was trying to do was stand up somewhat confidently against Alex for once but got this as a result. How was I supposed to know Piper had been shot and this was going to be Alex's reaction?
Piper broke Alex's chain of kisses again and cradled her head on her shoulder, stroking her hair on the back of her head as reassurance. Alex sinks her face into Piper's shoulder. I was honestly relieved that it was Piper I was up against now actually. Alex's temper was unpredictable, terrifying and unknown to me, Piper and I had once been a couple so I had seen her temper before.
She simply growled, "I think that's a good idea."
I nodded quickly and backed away mouthing "I'm so sorry" again and shutting their door.