Holy shit dude

(Nicky's POV)

It was Christmas Eve. It was freezing. Alex had left me in charge of the club I worked at that was based here in New York, while her and Piper went to Connecticut for Christmas. I wanted some last minute tips and advice on how to keep the ship afloat.
When I got to their apartment building, I ran into Polly.
"Oh hey, nice to see you again Polly. You here for Piper?" I asked her smiling.
"You too Nicky and yeah, definitely Piper. Alex and I don't exactly see eye to eye yet." She admits.
"Really? When I first met Vause, we hit it off instantly." I tell her, shocked. Alex was a great person but I guess everyone has their enemies.
"Maybe that's because she didn't think you were her annoying competition." Polly says as we walked into the Vauses' building.
"Competition?" I ask her confused, getting into the elevator and pressing the button for the penthouse.
"Yeah. She thought I was there for Piper. Like there, FOR Piper." She told me, emphasising her point a little too much. No offence to her but I could see why she annoyed Vause so much.
I chuckled, "Damn, remind me never to tell her that I hit on Piper once when she wasn't around." I then realised what I'd admitted,
"Shit. Polly, don't tell her I said that."
The elevator dinged and the door opened. Polly pulled out her spare set of keys that Piper had given her and opened the door. I was glad to be inside out of the cold.
The apartment was empty. Seemingly empty. There were two wine glasses sitting on their kitchen island, an empty bottle of Merlot and empty Chinese takeout boxes on the kitchen counter. Usually at the sight of an empty apartment, Polly and I would've turned around and come back at another opportunity, however, the apartment wasn't as empty as it seemed.
The vacant charade was instantly given up by the sound of soft moaning coming from their bedroom, down the short corridor that led to it. By the sounds of it, one of the two were suffocating, no, drowning in pleasure.
"Oh Jesus. We shouldn't be listening to this!" Polly says a little too loudly. I put a finger to my lips with one hand and covered her mouth with the other.
"Sssssh shut up! Do you want them to hear us and get embarrassed?!" I hissed.
We waited for the incessant moaning to stop in place of muffled kisses and thought the coast was clear enough to start walking cautiously down the corridor towards their slightly ajar bedroom door. We were mistaken, the moans hadn't stopped. They'd paused. They had been momentarily replaced with kissing and muffled moaning.
I took in the scene before me. Garments of dark and red flannel pyjamas were scattered all over the floor.
Piper was on her back right in the centre of their large, king sized bed. It was nice to know they appreciated our wedding gift. She had a pillow on either side of her head that read 'Mrs Vause', gripping fistfuls of their white duvet, eyes glued shut, squirming from underneath and begging Alex who was on top of her, running her hands all along Alex's back and ass which she then proceeded to squeeze.
Alex was expertly thrusting and rolling her hips against Piper as they kissed, never breaking it once. Hands freely roaming all over Piper's body and through her hair.
I couldn't blame them. It was Christmas Eve. It was Winter and it was cold. I knew from experience that when you wake up next to someone you love, wrapped up in sheets and each other, it's easy and highly tempting to indulge in early morning intimacy. Especially when you could literally use the phrase 'But baby it's cold outside.'
Both Vauses are visibly naked. In their activity, their duvet had practically removed itself from their bed. Their bodies grinding and rolling against each other had made it redundant, it was no longer required to warm them up, they were too busy doing that on their own.
Alex's hair had fallen over Piper's face, censoring their kissing but her tattooed arms and back were still oh so visible.
Her stance was definitely shaped in a way where she was protecting Piper from an unknown threat of some kind, almost as if she were using her own body as a shield. Like a lioness protecting her cub.
She had propped herself so she was hovering above Piper while her perfectly proportioned looking ass continued its relentless rolling and thrusting movements into and against Piper. Piper's hips automatically bucked and rolled against Alex's each time as if they were one entity. Watching them was like watching a wave on the ocean. Rolling, fluent and deep.
I didn't mean to pry or stare but this display of deep and intense affection was mesmerising.
Piper's fingers were running through her wife's hair as she moaned in delight at the pleasure she was receiving. Alex was moaning in return as their kissing got louder and wetter. Their fluent motion as one, showed once again, how in love they were.
Just as I was about to shuffle Polly out of the apartment, because I agreed, this was a moment of intimacy that should not have been intruded on, especially in their own home, Polly's phone buzzed and she quickly flashed me a look that said a thousand apologies.
I glanced from her to my friends on their bed.
Both were glaring at us, having stopped everything immediately, their eyes dark with lust which was gradually turning to embarrassed anger. Alex quickly pulled her long curtain of raven hair behind her ear to angrily investigate who was intruding on her precious moment with Piper.
Piper's face instantly softened to sheer embarrassment as she turned scarlet and rolled her head to the side that wasn't facing us.
Alex, on the other hand, looked like a wolf ready to tear its prey to pieces. She was literally snarling at us as she settled herself fully on top of Piper to expose less skin to us.
"Jesus, don't you two ever knock?! Or, I don't know, not intrude into our home?!" She growled.
I thought it was best to make light of the situation we'd gotten ourselves into,
"Hey, revenge for my wedding day." I nervously laughed.
"What, because I wouldn't let you watch how it's done?!" Alex snarled and continued, "Well congrats Nicky, you've now seen how it's done."
It was my turn to get defensive,
"No. Lorna and I found red lipstick on our pillows at the Plaza, now who would that've been I wonder?" I challenged.
Alex had nothing to say to that but glare. Even more embarrassed, Piper tries to move from under Alex but gets immediately and gently pushed back down into their mattress. Alex was clearly annoyed and I couldn't blame her. Their intimacy should never have been interrupted, especially in their own apartment where they shouldn't have to hide.
"That better not be why you're both standing in the doorway of our bedroom Nichols." Alex growls again, darting her piercing emerald glare to Polly who nervously shuffled as a result.
As I watched Alex to decipher if she was going to kill us like she had killed that Aydin dude before, I caught a glimpse of Piper slowly pull the duvet up around her. Alex was too angry and preoccupied with glaring at the two of us to notice.
"We um, we needed to talk to you guys about the businesses before you left for Connecticut tonight so I let us in with the key Piper gave me." Polly finally and very cautiously speaks up.
Again, Alex's glare darts to Polly and she narrowed her eyes at her. Clearly confused. I was watching Piper now. Her face had turned incredibly guilty as she moved further under Alex to the point where she was almost out of view. At her movement, Alex returned her focus to Piper, a much softer but still annoyed glare appeared on her face at her wife.
"Oh so Polly has a key too now?" She lowly asked Piper. Polly was right, Alex clearly didn't like her.
Piper simply sighed,
"Well Nicky has one." She retorted up at Alex.
Alex pursed her lips and stared at Piper as Piper stared right back at her. A silent conversation was taking place between the two.
Alex eventually spoke up,
"Could you two give us a couple of minutes? Oh and if you're not leaving, close the door." She asked then demanded.
Without hesitation, Polly and I left their bedroom, closed the door and went to sit on the furthest possible couch. My eyes kept drifting to the empty bottle of Merlot and their wine cooler. Alcohol seemed pretty fitting for this situation.
The kissing noises started up again but were cut short by Piper starting a small fight. Their argument was muted through the wall and closed door.
"No! Polly's my best friend! She can have a key too! I live here too!"- Piper.
"You're married to me! Obviously you live here too! I gave Nicky a key in case of emergencies Piper! Like, I don't know, YOU GETTING FUCKING SHOT!"- Alex.
"What if I gave Polly a key for the same reason Alex?! Huh?!"- Piper.
"Yeah? Well I don't see Nicky sleeping with your ex fiancé!"- Alex.
"No. That is true but SHE DID hit on me when you got out on that plea deal of yours! YOUR fiancé now WIFE Alex!"- Piper.

Oh shit. I didn't have to beg Polly not to tell Alex. Piper had told her anyway. Great.

"She what?!"- Alex.
"Ugh. Whatever Alex, I'm going for a shower."- Piper.
"Piper! Get back here! What do you mean?! Why didn't you tell me that before?!"- Alex.
"Ask her yourself!"- Piper.
A door in their bedroom slammed, I assumed it was the door to their ensuite going by the sound of the shower being turned on.
Then,
"NICHOLS!" Alex yelled from their bedroom.
I looked at Polly,
"Well. It was nice seeing you again Polly. I'll be seeing you." I said quickly and got up to leave but as soon as I got to their door, a hand grabbed my hood and pulled me back in.
Alex was back in her dark pyjamas and bare feet, hair sprawled to one side and not wearing her glasses. One hand firmly gripping my hood, the other holding the front door of the apartment firmly shut so I couldn't escape.
I slowly turned around to face Alex who was stretched to her full height, eyebrows raised and arms folded to accompany her piercing green glare, waiting for an explanation.
"Heey Vause. Let me uh, let me explain myself." I start guiltily, pretending I hadn't noticed she was there and that I hadn't tried to escape.
"Oh I intend to Nichols." She growls.
"Remember that sex game I told you about that Piper refused to take part in back in prison?" I started, guilt still in my voice, mixed with nerves and nervous laughter.
"Yeah?" She says unamused and quickly with narrowed eyes.
"I asked her if uh, ehem, if she uh, wanted me to make her forget her name, who she was or where she was for a while, you know, since her ex cheated on her and you screwed her over." I admitted. My last words were clearly a mistake, no, all of my words were clearly a mistake going by the livid, icy look I was receiving.
I held my hands up,
"Hey, nothing personal Vause! I'm competitive is all!" I said defensively.
She looked at the ceiling, tightly folded her lips in on themselves as if she was biting one with the other, still with her arms folded. She looked like she was trying desperately to contain something she really wanted to say but couldn't, like she wanted to yell at me and throw me out the window but that it wasn't worth going back to prison for.
She exhaled harshly through her nose eventually and said,
"Nichols. Number one, Piper is not a prize for your score sheet, she's my wife and a person. Number two, she was always off limits. To you, to Boo, to Stella fucking Carlin, to everyone. She was and is mine and we were working through some shit back then. Number three, that isn't the first time I've found out you hit on her, you hit on her to me before. Remember that? When you asked me if you could take her tongue for a test drive when we had just gotten ENGAGED?! Number four, you and Piper's little buddy here, interrupted us and now Piper is embarrassed and angry AT ME because of YOU BOTH now what the fuck can we do for you?!" She finishes. Anger visibly burning through her.