What the fuck?!

(Alex's POV)

We broke our kiss immediately and I put a hand on Piper's chest, forcing her to stay lying on the counter as we both snapped our heads to the door handle of our apartment being twisted.
I climbed off of her instantly and silently hopped to the ground. Good thing I was in bare feet.
"Piper, babe, stay down, stay low, you'll be a harder target to hit like that." I whispered to her.
"What about you?!" She whispered back, worried.
I put a finger to my lips and opened the bottom drawer and pulled out the Glock pistol I had bought after Piper was shot. I filled the chamber handle with rounds and cocked it, pulling back the safety catch.
Piper getting shot 4 months ago had really left us both on edge, scarred and just made my protectiveness of her grow.
I tiptoed to the door, gun at the ready and looked through our peephole.
I sighed, relieved and angry.
"Ugh for fuck-" I trailed off and opened the door.
Nicky and Lorna sauntered in to our apartment.
"Morning Vauses, Jesus! Alex! Calm down!" Nicky calmly then incredulously exclaims as she noticed the loaded gun in my hand.
I was now incredibly pissed off due to the fact my heart was in my mouth moments ago. The love of my life was NOT going to get harmed again and I would die saving her. Protecting myself was also on my agenda, albeit second on the list.
"CALM DOWN?! JESUS NICHOLS! WHAT THE FUCK?! CAN'T YOU KNOCK?! DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT PIPER GOT SHOT 4 MONTHS AGO?!" I yelled at my friend.
She put her hands up in surrender,
"Alright, sorry Vause! Jeez! You told me your door would be open if I needed you." She tried.
"I didn't mean literally!" I shout incredulously back.
Nicky clocks Piper lying on the kitchen counter who had a look of utter disbelief on her face and smirked. Because of course she did. Piper hurriedly fixed her robe so that it covered her chest again and threw her head back onto the counter and sighed in relief. Nicky wasn't getting off so easily with me though, I folded my arms and glared at her.
"You wouldn't have anything to do with Piper lying on the kitchen counter would you Alex? I mean, it's not the most casual place to have a lie down." She snarked at me.
"Maybe." I curtly replied still glaring at her as I disarmed the gun, putting it onto the island as I helped Piper down, embracing her and giving her a reassuring and lingering kiss on the cheek.
"Oh, well I'm sorry we ruined your early morning activities." Nicky winked.
Letting Piper go, I turned to Nicky still glaring at her although my glare was now mild,
"Oh I bet you are." I snarked.
Piper stayed in the kitchen and began preparing coffee for everyone.
Nicky, Lorna and I sat on 2 separate couches since we now had 3. Nicky and Lorna stayed beside each other on the same couch facing the TV while I sat on the one to their left awaiting Piper, facing mine and Piper's wedding canvas.
While the kettle was boiling, Piper turned to face us and leaned against the counter. She had always been better than me at calming down in situations like this.
"So, Nicky, Lorna." She sighs. "What can we do for you?" She asks folding her arms and eyeing up the gun, flashing me a look that told me we were going to have words about this later.
"Well, this is a bit awkward to ask but Lorna is 7 months pregnant. There's gonna be a mini Nichols, wow never thought I'd be saying that-" Nicky started. I could tell where this is going.
"Lorna are you asking if you could work alongside Nicky? Even when you're that far along?" I ask raising my eyebrows sympathetically and continuing,
"Nicky, I'm not saying no but we're friends. We can always give you a raise if you-"
Nicky cuts me off.
"Oh no no no, Alex it's fine. I feel bad enough as it is taking money from a friend even if you are my boss now, Lorna was just asking for a job for when after the baby comes." She finishes and smiles at Lorna holding her hand.
I smiled at them and their affection made me look to Piper who was now coming with 3 mugs of coffee balanced between her fingers.
"Here you go guys." She said, handing a mug each to Nicky and Lorna.
"Here you go baby." She said giving me my coffee and a quick peck on the lips before heading back to the kitchen area to collect her own cup and coming to sit beside me. I put the mug in one hand and rubbed Piper's back with the other.
"Lorna of course you can have a job at Viper. It's the least we can do as friends, oh and as godparents to your mini Nichols." I smiled sipping my coffee. Ugh it was so good to have Piper back in the domestic world, she was the only one who could make my coffee perfectly. In my time without her I was either too depressed to make my own properly or some one night stand would completely fuck it up as they tried to impress me. Even in simple things like coffee Piper was perfect.
"Oh my God! Alex! Thank you!" Lorna squealed happily.
Piper smiled then spoke,
"So what gender do you guys reckon our godchild is going to be?" She asks, also taking a sip of her coffee.
"Well, I think it's a boy-" Lorna started.
"Fuck, I hope not. I think we've all established my forte is with girls not the species with dicks." Nicky cut in making myself and Piper laugh.
"How so Lorna?" Piper continued through her giggling at Nicky.
"Oh well my hair is more luscious. Definitely a sign that it's a boy." Lorna cooed.

An hour later the Nichols left, after expressing their gratitude countless times for having given Lorna a job.
"Alright babe, after that shocker of a morning, I'm going to have a shower." I told Piper leaning in for a kiss.
Kissing me back, she took my mug.
"Ok baby."