The Vauses become aunts

(Alex's POV)

Talk about perfect timing for Piper to buy me a Maserati.
"Well, I think it's time to find out how I thank your wife for buying you a Maserati Vause. Piper, I fucking love you!" Nicky tells me, pulling Piper to her and covering her face in kisses.
I quickly took my wife back from my best friend,
"Okay, congrats and all Nicky but number one, your wife is literally going into labour right now and number two, keep your hands on your own wife not mine now go to the car and I'll drive!" I told her.

We jumped into my new Maserati, Nicky in the front beside me to make a quick exit from the car into the hospital for Lorna, and Piper in the back. I sped through New York and got to the same hospital Piper had been transmitted to when she'd been shot and Nicky practically jumped out of the car with us following her.
We ran to reception as Nicky spluttered,
"Hi um Lorna, Lorna Morello, oh um no fuck, Lorna Nichols! She's going into labour! I'm her wife! Where is she?!"
The receptionist tried to calm her down,
"Okay breathe Mrs Nichols, your wife is in the maternity ward, there were no private rooms left I'm afraid so she's in the first public room on the right." She said, pointing us in the right direction.
"Great thank you!" Nicky said and took off at speed.
Piper and I ran behind her, trying to catch up, Piper had hold of my hand since Nicky was going so fast and Piper ran therefore I was the slowest. Usually Nicky would've been the slowest since she was the shortest but I guess her wife was going into labour. God, since Piper and I were thinking of a family, that could be me soon.
We found Lorna's room and Nicky immediately ran to her, quickly grabbing her hand. Lorna looked like she was in so much pain and was sweating profusely, her face bright red.
"I'm here Lorna, I'm here!" Nicky panted, trying to soothe her wife.
A doctor came over just as we arrived.
"You the wife?" He asked Nicky.
"Yeah." She quickly said.
"Ok, good. She needs to go to the delivery room, now." He said and they began to wheel Lorna away with Nicky in tow.
"Vauses! Come on! I want you there with me I can't do this alone!" Nicky called for Piper and I.
"Um, uh, would we be allowed to come?" Piper asked, aiming her question at the doctor.
"Yes whatever, we just need to get Lorna here, to the delivery room now. Come if you want." He quickly said.
So we came. For Nicky.

In the delivery room, Lorna had gas and air while Nicky squeezed her hand.
"Breathe babe. Breathe." Nicky repeatedly said to Lorna as she pushed out their child.
"This'll soon be you Vause, if you want a kid." Nicky said to me, quickly turning to me before going back to helping Lorna.
"Ugh don't remind me. Right now I'm pretty fucking glad that neither Piper or myself are pregnant right now. I couldn't bear to see something I love so much destroyed so badly." I grimaced and looked away.

Lorna was returned to her ward with their new baby boy. Mine and Piper's second godson. I couldn't resist the jokes aimed at Nicky.
"Well, Lorna was right, it was a boy, looks like you're gonna have to get used to the boy department Nichols." I smirked.
"Ha ha Vause. Real funny. You know, a lot of me REALLY hopes that if Piper gives you a kid, it'll be a boy then we'll see who'll be laughing." She deflected as I grimaced. I did want a family with Pipes but baby steps. No pun intended.
"So what are you both gonna call this little guy?" Piper cooed, she loved kids.
"Oh Lorna, please God let it not be called Christopher or Vince." Nicky pleaded.
"Nah. Meet Joe. Joe Nichols. If that's alright with you Nicky? After my father?" Lorna asked.
Nicky grinned,
"Of course it's okay with me. Joe Nichols. I like it. Who would've thought I'd have a son? Me?" She laughed and kissed Lorna on the forehead.
Suddenly, a familiar voice called out my wife's name.
"Pipes!"
Piper and I quickly turned around to see Cal at the other side of the ward with Neri holding a baby.
"Cal?!" Piper asked happily and ran to him as he greeted her with an overjoyed embrace.
"Hey sis! I guess this is a good time to tell you that you're an aunt now! You have a niece!" He grinned, it looked like tears of joy were on the brink of coming out.
"I have a niece?! Oh my God! Alex get over here!" Piper exclaimed happily, calling for me, so I excused myself from the Nichols who were doting on their son and went to the Chapmans.
"Oh sure! The straight couple gets the girl!" Nicky jokingly shouted over. I laughed at her, looking over my shoulder as I walked to my wife and in-laws.
"Neri, I thought you were only 8 months?" Piper asked.
"I was, she came early." Neri smiled.
When I got to be beside Piper I asked,
"So have you guys given her a name yet?"
Cal and Neri looked at each other.
"Oh gosh! We haven't even thought about any names yet! I guess she'll just be junior until we do." Neri exclaimed as she realised.
"I have a suggestion but you don't have to use it if you don't want to." Piper said.
"Oh please, we're all ears sis." Cal said, sitting on the chair beside Neri's bed, smiling at his daughter.
Piper exhaled,
"Oh okay, well, I was actually saving this if ever Alex and I had a child but I guess you guys can have it, but only if you want it. What about Diane? Diane Chapman? In memory of Alex's awesome mom. You both know how awful I felt about not going to her funeral and what I did to Alex back then, it'd be a great way to pay my respects to my late mother-in-law and it'd mean so much to me and Alex. Right Al?" She asked.
I was lost for words. I knew I was staring at Piper with the biggest heart eyes. She'd literally just asked her brother and sister-in-law to name their kid after my mom. And not only that, if they chose the name Diane, the kid would have Piper's old last name. It was combining the two people I loved most into a new human being who was related to one of those two people. Piper Chapman. I love that girl beyond words. I didn't think it was possible but I think I love her even more now.
Cal and Neri looked at each other then down to their daughter.
"Diane Chapman. Do you like that baby girl?" Neri asked her daughter.
"I like it." Cal smiled at Neri, then Piper, then at me as I sincerely smiled back at him.
"Me too." Neri smiled in the same order Cal had smiled as I again sincerely smiled at her and turned to lovingly stare and smile at Piper as she smiled at her sibling, sibling in law and niece.
"Welcome to the world Diane Chapman." Piper cooed dotingly again at her new niece.
"Do you want to hold her?" Neri asked Piper.
"Yes!" Piper replied happily, reaching for Diane.
When she had her niece in her arms, she put her head on my shoulder.
"Oh Al, I want one." She smiled.
I smiled back and kissed the top of her head.
"Anything for you Pipes."