Last day in Vegas

(Alex's POV)

I woke up at 6:30AM. I wanted to get this day done so I could maybe get home to Pipes quicker and earlier.
Last night I had a nightmare about Piper getting taken hostage in New York and me being summoned to watch her get tortured, which in turn, tortured me. I woke up in a cold sweat, realising it was just a nightmare and Piper was safe at home and I would be home to her soon. PTSD I guess. It was enough to make me decide to speed the process up even more. After my nightmare, I couldn't sleep so I opened my laptop and began to Google entertainment companies for the club's music. I found one and sent them an email to drop by today, then around an hour later, I fell asleep again.
My laptop was lying open on the floor where I had left it last night and it was flashing with a new email. The entertainment company had responded with agreement that they'd come by.

An hour later, I was showered, dressed and was in the process of packing my suitcase. I was doing this a bit too hurriedly if I was being honest, the anticipation of getting back to Pipes was too great. When I was finished packing, I went down to breakfast, ate quickly and called a cab to my latest 'Viper'.

I had asked all of my new bar staff to be at the club at 8AM. When I got there, they were.
I filled them in on what needed to be done.
"Okay. So this morning we are going to design a drinks menu. I have already got three signature drinks since I have set up other clubs around the country already and am about to embark on setting the franchise up across the globe. To those of you who don't know, these signature drinks are called 'The Piper', 'The Alex' and 'The Vauseman' for obvious reasons. These drinks are cocktails.
'The Piper' is a combination of my wife's favourite flavours with alcohol, 'The Alex' is obviously a combination of my favourite flavours and 'The Vauseman' is a combination of flavours that we both like. Does anyone have any questions so far?"

Peter, one of the younger bartenders I had hired, 28 years old, asked
"Yes, what are those flavours? In all three?"

I answered him, "That, I will show you."

I walked them all to the main bar upstairs where the entrance was because it was currently beside me. I walked behind the bar and showed them. I pulled out 3 cocktail glasses, two martini glasses and one pear shaped glass.
"Ok, I'll start with the one I named after my wife.
It's basically a hybrid of a Tequila Sunrise and a Margarita. No prizes for guessing what her favourite liquor is. So first, rub a wedge of lime around the rim to give it the flavour of the lime juice, cover the rim of the glass with sea salt, then fill the glass with ice, add 50ml of tequila, then 90ml of orange juice. Don't stir it. Then add 10ml of grenadine, this gives it the sunrise effect, finally, garnish it with an orange slice."

They were writing notes and watching as I spoke.

"Ok, that's 'The Piper', moving on to mine, 'The Alex'.
It's also a hybrid. Basically a Manhattan and The Witty Comeback together. It's me in a glass basically. However, instead of bourbon, I use Jameson. It's my favourite whiskey.
Ok so to make it,
Combine the Jameson, vermouth and Angostura bitters in a mixing glass, add 1/2 ounce of lemon juice, 1/2 ounce of ginger syrup then garnish it with an orange twist. That is my drink. Again, no prizes for guessing my favourite liquor."

Again, they wrote down and watched what I said to and showed them.

"Finally, 'The Vauseman'. Now, this cocktail is basically a Tornado.
The ingredients are, 25ml of Jameson, 25ml of Smirnoff Vodka, 25ml of rum, 25ml of tequila, Cola and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
So, stir the liquids with ice, strain this into your glass, add the sugar and stir this again. Add ice then cola. Stir three times and serve this with a straw and a cocktail umbrella.
These, are my three signature cocktails. Would anyone like to try, even if it is approaching 9AM?" I finish.
They all raised their hands. I let them all take a sip of each with satisfied noises and "Oh Mrs Vause they're so good."