Confrontation

(Alex's POV)

We got back from the fair and Piper said she was tired so went up to bed. She asked me to stay down here a little longer to mingle with my new family and didn't care if I froze Larry or Vanessa out so that's exactly what I did. For a while. The Chapmans had been truly lovely to me today but I wanted to impress them, I still had that annoying need to and feeling that I was still the one who'd turned their perfect bambi daughter into a drug money smuggling lesbian who went to prison.

As my parents-in-law cleared away the dining table and threw out empty bottles since it was their house after all, the rest of us thought we'd pitch in. Even Vanessa. Yeah, thanks babe, leave me to do the chores with your family, your ex and your childhood bully. Love you too.
We were put on dish duty, Vanessa and I washed them as the guys dried and put them away because apparently they can't wash a dish. Neri had also gone to bed since her daughter was kicking and tiring her out. I looked behind me at Danny, Cal and Larry laughing together and took my chance but she beat me to it.
"What is your problem?" She asked me. Wait. Wasn't that my question?
I narrowed my eyes and looked at her,
"Excuse me?" I asked angrily as we both continued to wash dishes.
"You've been nothing but cold to Larry and me all night and you won't let me in your club. What the fuck did we do to you?" She asked, seemingly hurt and angry.
I laughed at this. I couldn't help it. Why the fuck does she think?! I made a mock thinking face.
"Hmmmm let me think. Oh I know, because of what you both are to my Piper." I growl.
"Your Piper?" She sniggered.
I furrowed my eyes in confusion at this. Was she stupid or did she really not know I'd married Piper 5 months ago? Her fucking fiancé was at the wedding.
"Yeah. My Piper. Your fiancé was at the wedding or do you need to rewatch that home movie again?" I snapped.
"Well it's just, wasn't MY LARRY engaged to her before you were?" She challenged.
At this, I stopped washing the dish in my hands and glared intensely at the wall. Not wanting to look at her. When I did, she was smirking, which only made me angrier. So I put her in her place.
"Okay. Number one, you don't get to bully me like you bullied my wife when you were kids. I will win because I have a lot more experience in life and with bitches like you and quite frankly have been waiting for this moment for a while. Number two, I met Piper in 2003, Larry met Piper in 2011, you do the math and see which one of us actually has more history with her. Number three, 'your Larry' has tried to break Piper and I up countless times even AFTER we were married. Picked a good one there didn't you? A guy who really just CANNOT get over his ex. Aw. I mean, I know how he feels but still, my sympathies are omitted. Number four, call my wife 'Dorkman' or anything close to an offensive nickname or even go near her again and I will make sure you regret it, you said it yourself, I'm Alex Vause, I can make things happen. Now you tell me, why do you think I have a problem with you both?" I threatened her, topping it off with an evil smirk. I could see she was growing increasingly intimidated as her eyes widened.
"Aw, you gonna lock me in the store in revenge for not being allowed in my club?" I mocked her venomously, hinting at what she'd done to Piper. Her eyes widened even more at my knowledge of this and she started to open and close her mouth like a fish out of water. I had known for a long time that intimidation was a quality I possessed. It was one of the reasons Kubra valued me so much, that and my business head.
I was never going to tell Vanessa about Piper's nightmare, that was private and would only fuel her fire.
She turned to scan the room, I presumed for Larry to come and rescue her and when she couldn't find him, I simply sniggered and left her to finish the dishes to go finish Christmas with my probably sleeping wife rather than this person.

I started to leave the kitchen but was stopped by Piper's parents saying how wonderful my gifts to her were. I smiled and welcomed the conversation, my princess's wishes being my commands after all.