Love and luck is all about perspective

(Nicky's POV)

I watched as Alex led Piper to the booth they always sat in together in the VIP section. Her hand rubbing up and down Piper's back. I knew this was out of pure love and definitely protection of Piper. I vividly remembered how Alex acted and felt when Piper was shot. I couldn't imagine how she must've felt, how she must still feel even if Piper survived. Alex and I were best friends now, her giving me this job solidified that fact, so I knew that Piper was to her what Lorna was to me. The love of her life. That one person that she felt the warmest and deepest affection for above anyone else, the person she feels the most truly grateful for to be lucky enough to have found in her life, the person who made the idea of intimacy, vulnerability and uninhibitedness just click for her, the person she loves with all her heart, the person who takes her breath away, the person she would do anything for, the person she would die for. The person she loves.

As I served their customers, my eyes kept wandering to them. In their own private, secluded den of the nightclub from behind two bouncers, Chris and Aaron (Rob's replacement- Alex really didn't fuck around with the safety of her beloved).
They were side by side as if conjoined at the hip with their heads close together-often touching at the forehead or temple, giggling to each other and laughing at inside, private jokes. Alex occasionally nibbling at Piper's ear and Piper blushing in return. It was also hard not to notice the heart eyes they kept flashing each other when they took a sip of their drink from their straws. Of course they would be that kind of couple.
While it was beautiful to watch and see the shape their love had formed, I was perfectly happy in my current situation. FINALLY married to Lorna and about to raise that kid growing inside her. I would do my best to give that kid the parents I never had, the family I never had. I would love it like I love Lorna. Alex and Piper will be it's godparents. It is going to be the luckiest kid to ever grace this world.
The Vauses could have their love the way they had it, as adorable and slightly nauseating as it looked. I was about to have a family. We were all lucky in our own, private ways I guess.