Spending time with Polly and Finn

(Piper's POV)

It was now Thursday. At last. Alex would be home tomorrow. God I missed her. I was at Polly and Pete's place, playing with my godson, Finn.
"Pipe? If you could barely do a week, how the hell did you manage 6 years without her?" Polly asked me from the couch with her glass of white wine in hand. I too had wine but had it on the coffee table out of reach of Finn and was sitting on the floor with him as he played with his toys, occasionally flashing him silly faces which made him laugh.
"Honestly Pol? I have no idea. It was me who left her-"
"I know. God Pipe, you made that abundantly clear years ago because you thought she didn't love you. Not going to lie though, I was convinced of that from the moment you both told me you were in love. She never struck me as the type to love somebody."
"Pol, could you at least try to like her or at least pretend to in front of me?" I ask looking up at her with scolding eyes. She didn't have to love Alex, hell sometimes all I wanted to do myself was hate Alex but she was the love of my life who I had married 4 months ago. Polly, as my best friend could at least try.
"What?! All I'm saying is, Alex doesn't exactly like me either. And we have been building up some sort of acquaintance lately actually!" She says defensively.
"Yeah, then you make me have 'dinner' with Wyner, who yes, does have a crush on me by the way, exactly when Alex is going out of town and force her to leave the city and me for a week. Pol, you know what she's like now since I was shot and you were kidnapped, she's on the hunt for wife killers and stealers now I guess. Why do you think she struggles with you at times?" I say laughing, taking a sip of my wine.
"Wyner has a crush on you?! What the fuck? Does Alex know? How do you even know anyway?" She asks incredulously.
"Yes, she rubbed my foot under the table, asked if I wanted more wine and dismissed any conversation I tried to make about Alex immediately. Two of which are Alex's moves. Alex knows yes, I texted her."
Polly snorts with laughter,
"I guess I owe you one, want me to take the next meeting with Wyner?" She asks.
"Yes, you do owe me one and no, Alex said she'd be the next one to deal with Wyner and if you want her to like you, let her do it." I advise her.
"Oh damn, good luck Wyner." Polly laughed into her wine glass.
"I know right?" I laugh back.
"Pipe, I know she's your wife and you love her and all that but she's pretty defensive of you now. I mean, I'm sensing Supercunt vibes re-appearing." Polly tells me.
"Polly! Stop with the 'Supercunt'!" I snap in defence of Alex but continue in a softer tone. "I know, but she hasn't had an easy life Pol. She tends to protect the people she loves because they make her feel wanted. She only ever lets the people in that she thinks she'll bond with. I mean, she was tortured at school and I mean tortured because her mom didn't have the money to buy her all the 'cool designer clothes'. Diane worked hard, 4 jobs. The drug cartel was the fastest way Alex could think of to pay her back. Her bullies called her pigsty you know?" I start to tell her.
"Jesus that's mean and uncalled for. Pigsty? Alex? Really? I mean okay, we don't have the best rapport but I'll hand it to you Pipe, she's a hot one."
"Yep. Really. It makes me so angry that people were so cruel to her Pol. And I know she is. She's gorgeous. Did I ever tell you that Alex bought her a huge house in New Jersey? She was really close to Diane."
"No, you never told me that. I didn't realise Alex was such a tortured soul and yet she's apparently so sweet. Wish I had met Diane myself, she sounded pretty cool."
"Ugh. Diane was awesome, when I first met her she let it slip to me that I was and am the love of Alex's life. Alex had already told me she loved me but I didn't know I was her 'the one' at the time. It was the first time I'd ever seen her so embarrassed. God it broke my heart that I didn't go to Diane's funeral. I was just so damn mad at Alex. I'll never forgive myself for that. I mean that was grade A bitchiness." I sigh.
"Yeah, this is where I side with Alex against you Pipe. That was horrible of you and again, I know you were mad at Alex. I was mad at Alex. Everyone who knew about Alex was mad at Alex. I swear if she called me 'Holly' or 'Molly' one more time I was going to scream."
"Oh come on Pol, she was messing with you." I laugh.
"Yeah too much." She grumbles.
"Do you remember the time when I came back to New York without Alex? You didn't know what hit you."
"Ooh yes Pipe, I remember it vividly. You were out of your mind drunk. You were then pissed over the weeks, months and years, you got so depressed I was nearly going to kill you and Alex for that matter. All you did was scream 'I'm an idiot! I want Alex back but she probably hates me now and I wouldn't blame her since I walked out on her when her mom died! But I also fucking hate her! I mean, she wanted me to risk getting arrested again and didn't seem phased or bothered about it!' Then you would cry into my lap with your bottle of alcoholic substance of some kind and insist we go to clubs to hit on anything that breathed. Yes Pipe, your breakdown 7 years ago, I will never forget." She finishes.
"Wow. Hearing it from that perspective I'm surprised we're still best friends." I blink in realisation.
"Yeah me too." She laughs.
"Hey!" I hit her playfully on the knee.
Finn then interrupts our conversation.
"Aunt Pipey where's Aunt Ally?" He asked.
I smiled at him,
"Aunt Ally is in a city called Las Vegas right now buddy but she says hi." I tell him tapping him lovingly on the nose.
"Can we go see her?" He asks.
"No, we can't Finn, you're too young for Vegas just yet."
"But I want to see her." He pouts.
"Aw, Aunt Pipey really wants to see her too but she's coming home tomorrow so she'll see us soon!"
"Can I see her tomorrow?" He asked.
I flashed Polly a 'help me' look that told her that tomorrow night was all about Alex and I reuniting in a way where kids were most definitely not allowed and she understood immediately giving me an 'oh gross Pipe' look.
"Aunt Alex will be too tired tomorrow son. Maybe another time." Polly tells him.
"Oh that she will." I sniggered under my breath. Polly flashed me a glare but I continued to snigger into my wine glass as I took a sip. Dirty thoughts of Alex swirling around in my mind.
"But mommy!" Finn whines.
"Another time Finn." Polly tells him sternly.
"Ugh fine." He groans.
"How about we do the fly ride?" I ask him to cheer him up.
"Yes!" He screams excitedly and I pick him up. I then hold him in my hands by his hips and lifted him into the air and back down again as he made "Weeeee" noises while laughing.
"Have you and Alex ever thought about kids?" Polly asks.
"You mean like IVF or adoption?" I rhetorically ask her and continue.
"Nah. Alex and I prefer it being just the two of us and with two businesses with one that requires a bit of travelling, it wouldn't be fair on the kid. Besides, we're happy being godparents to this one." I tell her smiling at Finn and continue,
"Plus you know what Alex is like, any excuse to, well you know. A kid would take that away from her and she'd hate that. Also, Nicky and Lorna are about to have a kid and we want to be a part of it's life too and Neri is also about to give birth. Yeah Pol, there's enough kids around us thank you. We're more than happy, relieved actually, that we're the cool aunts. Three kids in our lives is more than enough." I finish.
"Ok that's fair." She nods. "But God, you and Alex are like rabbits!" She says exasperated.
"You're just jealous I'm always getting some with my hot wife." I winked and smirked.