Piper's nightmare

(Alex's POV)

Getting back to sleep, I brought Piper closer to me with an arm tightly snaked around her. It didn't take long for her to drift back to sleep which in turn made me smile with content so I shut my own eyes and resumed sleep.
I was abruptly woken again by my wife twitching and begging but not in the sexy way I liked. I blinked a couple of times to wake myself up fully to listen to her begs as I propped myself on my elbow behind her in bed.
"Vanessa. Please! I'm sorry! Please don't lock me in the library store again! I'll do your homework just please don't lock me in there!" Piper whined, her face was contorted in fear.
My content smile faded immediately and was replaced with an unhappy, concerned frown. I put my hand on Piper's arm and rubbed up and down in a bid to sooth her and bring her out of her nightmare but she shook me off.
"No! Don't touch me! Leave my pigtails alone! No! Don't cut them off! Please take the scissors away from my pigtails! Please! And my name is Piper Chapman not Piper Dorkman! Please just leave me alone!" She cried with silent tears coming from her eyes.
It broke my heart to see her like this and boy was I going to strangle Vanessa in the morning after witnessing this. Or maybe I could cryptically threaten her and play the long game like I did with Pennsatucky back in prison. Anything to help my Pipes. Anything.
I tried again.
"Sssssh Pipes. It's me. I'm here, you're safe. It's me, Alex. Your wife. Come on babe wake up, you're having a nightmare." I coo into her ear and rub my hand up and down her back this time since her arm didn't work. Thinking to myself that Vanessa would be having a nightmare later because hurting Piper was a cardinal sin and a line you do not cross with me. Hearing her nightmarish flashback and what Vanessa used to do to her had really angered me and brought flashbacks of my own of what Jessica used to do to me.
Protectiveness of Piper for me came automatically so my brain started to think up ways of revenge against Vanessa until Piper brought me out of my thoughts.
Suddenly Piper grabs my hand and jumps up, awake.
"Alex? Alex? What? Who? Vanessa?! Alex?!" She asks in a panic.
I snaked my arm tightly around her again, tighter than what it was, grabbing her hand in mine and tangled our fingers together, pulling her impossibly close to me.
"Ssssh Pipes. I'm here. I'm here. You're safe. She's never going to hurt you again. Ever. Not while I'm here." I whispered gently to her.
She looked at me and immediately turned around in my arms, nuzzling her face against my chest and wrapping an arm and leg around me as a form of comfort and protection. Clinging to me like a koala bear.
"Oh Alex." She whimpers.
"Ssssh babe it's ok. I'm here." I say stroking her hair and kissing the top of her head. I kept doing this until she fell back to sleep on top of me as I glared at the ceiling thinking about Vanessa and how she still affected the love of my life thanks to that dick of a fiancé of hers that used to be engaged to my significant other. I shuddered at the thought of that which resulted in me automatically pulling Piper ever closer to me. If I could deal with Danielle, I could definitely deal with an old bully of Piper's. I kissed the top of her head once more and drifted back to sleep myself with the thought of Piper protection dominant in my mind as she slept in my arms.