Why not?

(Alex's POV)

I finished my glass of wine and turned off the TV. Piper really was taking her sweet time coming home. I went into our bedroom to check the clock on my nightstand, it was 8:30PM already. Where was she?
I sighed. Even if Kubra was dead he still had a hold on me. I was now always worried about Piper, now even more than I was before. Worry was a side effect when it came to loving someone, especially loving someone as much as I love Piper.
Putting my worry aside, I grabbed another glass for her, the bottle, two candles and the lighter from the kitchen, setting the table in our bedroom. I walked to the player on my nightstand and put on jazz music. Piper may only be bringing home Chinese food but who said I couldn't make it romantic?
Half an hour later, I was lying on our bed with one of my many books to distract myself of the growing worry forming in the pit of my stomach and heard the front door open and close again. Piper was home. Thank God.
I had the apartment in darkness, the only light was the two candles I had sitting on the table in our bedroom, where I was currently waiting for Piper. Hearing the door shut, I put my bookmark in my book and set it back down on my nightstand.
"Alex? Are you home? I have dinner." Piper called from the kitchen.
Without saying a word, I got up from our bed and walked to the table, I grabbed the bottle of red wine and filled the glasses. Lifting them, I walked out to Piper who was in the middle of unpacking our Chinese food. She had turned the small lights under the cabinets on. It was all the light she needed.
I walked quietly so she didn't know I was home, creeping up on her.
I gently set the glasses down on the island behind her and turned to wrap my arms around her, placing my chin on her shoulder.
"Oh! Jesus Al, you scared me. A simple 'Yes honey I'm home' would've been lovely." She jumped and giggled.
I smiled and laughed through my nose, kissing her on the neck,
"Sorry babe."
I caught a whiff of the food she'd brought home,
"Mmm that smells great Pipes, what'd you order?" I asked. I then caught sight of a small black box with a silver bow on it, sitting on the counter.
"Dumplings, wontons and sweet and sour chicken." She answers, opening the lids of the boxes. She hadn't noticed the wine yet.
My eyes were still on that little black box.
"Hey babe, what's that?" I ask, my head still on her shoulder.
"Hmm?" She replies, still busy with our food, taking out chopsticks from one of our drawers. Keeping my head on her shoulder, I nodded in its direction so she looked at it.
"Oh. That." She starts, a mischievous little smile forming on her face.
"That, is something I got with Nicky today." She says gleefully.
I knew it was for me but I lived for teasing Piper, her reaction was always so adorable.
"Ooh is it? Well, can I see it?" I ask, unravelling one arm from her mid section and reaching for it. She immediately pushed it out of my reach.
"No. You can't." She smiles.
"Ooh so it's for me." I smirk, spinning her around so her back was against the counter. I let her go and grabbed the glasses of wine.
"Well this, is for you." I smile, handing her the wine.
"Oh, why thank you." She smiled back, taking a sip and setting the glass back down beside her and giving me a quick peck on the lips before going back to serving dinner.
"Here, babe, let me deal with that." I say, unwrapping myself from her and gently pushing her aside. I grabbed the boxes and went to the bedroom.
"Al? What are you doing? Where are you going?" Piper asks confused. From the bedroom, I didn't answer her, I set the boxes on the plates and served the contents onto them. That done, I went back out to Piper and grabbed my own wine, taking her hand.
"Come here." I smiled as she grabbed her glass and let me lead her.
Once we were in our bedroom, she grinned at what I'd done.
Nat King Cole's 'The Christmas Song' was playing from my player on my nightstand.
"Aw Alex, it's so beautiful. It's so romantic." She said squeezing my hand.
I smiled. Proud.
"Well, since we're going to Connecticut to spend Christmas with your family tomorrow, I thought we could have a little Christmas of our own at home before we go, just the two of us.... with Chinese food." I finish my sentiment giggling.
Piper took a large gulp of her wine, grabbed mine from my hand and set them down on the table beside us. Holding my face in her hands she brought me into a deep, loving and grateful kiss.
"What did I do to deserve you?" She asked, breaking the kiss and smiling.
I smiled lovingly back at her,
"No, that's my question. Now come on, I'm starving, you took forever."
We sat and just before I could eat a dumpling, Piper snatched it from my plate with her chopsticks. I stared at her with an open mouth. She understood immediately,
"Hey, revenge. Plus, you were the one who suggested that that's why they make chopsticks so long." She giggled, shoving it in her mouth. I bit my bottom lip and twisted my mouth to the side in a smile, shaking my head and giving her the side-eye.
"Maybe it's you who needs those handcuffs." I smirk.
She laughed, "Is that a promise?"
I took her hand in mine and took a sip of wine with the other,
"Oh definitely." I say.

When we had finished, I cleared away the plates and cutlery, putting them in the dishwasher and blew out the candles while Piper changed into her cute, red flannel pyjamas that she always wore at Christmas. Once I got back to our bedroom, Piper was curled up in bed, wrapped up in the covers, sound asleep. My little blonde, flannel covered, Christmas angel. I leaned against the doorframe and smiled. Taking in this sight and listening to her cute chewing sounds that she made in her sleep. I tiptoed to my nightstand, turned off the music and grabbed my cell phone, going back to my original position at the door and snapped a picture of this unbelievably cute moment.
Shoving my phone in the back pocket of my jeans, I again tiptoed towards Piper and bent down to be level with her sleeping face. There was a strand of hair covering her nose and mouth so I softly brushed it behind her ear. Stroking her ear for a while, I kissed her on the nose and stood up, taking off my own clothes and getting into my own dark, long sleeved pyjamas. I slid into bed beside her and gently pulled her into me.
"Night Pipes." I whispered and fell asleep.