Christmas morning

(Alex's POV)

I woke up with mine and Piper's faces facing, touching and nuzzled up against the other. Piper was still asleep. I was still annoyed with Vanessa, no, angry with Vanessa, about Piper's nightmare and her revelation to me last night which I don't think she knew that she had confessed. I'm concerned about Piper.
I lay there, pushing my anger with Vanessa to the back of my mind and focused on my beautiful Piper lying in my arms and feeling her warm short breaths from her nose against my face. I watched her sleep as I smiled contentedly. In love.
Still smiling, I gently nudged my forehead further into her and rubbed noses with her before placing a feather light kiss on her lips so I wouldn't wake her then rolled out of bed. I was going to make breakfast for her family and maybe possibly 'forget' to make Larry and Vanessa some. The Chapmans and Vauses, especially Piper, got first and last dibs. I got dressed and tiptoed out of the bedroom making sure I didn't disturb Piper.
I walked down the hallway and down the stairs into their huge white gloss kitchen with black floor tiles and stainless steel appliances. There were little Christmassy trinkets here and there too.
After about 10 minutes of figuring out where everything was and how everything worked I began to make my new family pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. Halfway through preparation Mr and Mrs Chapman came in. Both they and I were startled.
"Oh good morning Alex. I'm glad to see you're making yourself at home in our kitchen." Carol said with a slight smile.
"I'm so sorry I just thought I'd make everyone breakfast. I'm a pretty early riser so thought I might as well put that to use." I awkwardly stammered and began to move away from the stove.
"Oh don't worry sweetheart. That is very thoughtful of you. It's been a while since someone cooked breakfast for us. Our children were never early risers, especially Piper." Bill chuckled reassuring me.
I laughed back, "Yes, I can testify to that." and continued,
"Anyway, please, take a seat. Oh! Wait! How do you like your eggs? I mean I'm doing them scrambled but I can make another type if you'd like?" I ask my parents in law.
"Scrambled is perfect." They both smiled.
I gave them a small, shy smile back and served them their food.
Danny, Cal and Neri were the next ones down and gratefully thanked me for breakfast and tucked in sitting beside Bill and Carol at their huge dining table.
Piper then finally emerged with messy hair and a sleepy expression looking all cute and like my cuddly little Pipes. After her nightmare I thought she needed more sleep so made sure I didn't disturb her and let her lie in.
"Morning sleepy head. I made everyone breakfast." I smiled at my wife and kissed her on the temple as I pulled her into me.
"That smells sooooo good babe." She moaned in appreciation as she hugged me and cuddled her head into my chest.
"Well good because I left a lot for you since I know how much you pig out at breakfast." I joked which got a lot of chuckles from her family and a smack on the arm from Piper.
"Hey! It's the most important meal of the day and I'm sorry I appreciate your cooking!" She protested but kissed me anyway and went to sit beside her brother.
I served myself some and sat beside her whispering in her ear,
"Most important meal of the day huh? We'll see about that." I smirked at her as she went bright pink and scanned the room hoping her family hadn't heard.
As I'd planned, I'd done just enough for the Chapmans, my wife and myself and that was it so when Larry and Vanessa appeared Vanessa said,
"Mmmm breakfast smells good!"
My father in law then chimed in,
"It is. Alex made us all breakfast and if we haven't said so already, it's lovely thank you Alex."
I smiled, "You're welcome."
Larry groaned sarcastically,
"Oh great, Alex made it."
Piper shot him a murderous look. This didn't bother me but all he'd done was try to poke me, I could take it, she didn't need to glare daggers at him so it confused me but still, I appreciated it. Larry caught her look and mouthed "Sorry". Weird. What was that about? I brushed it off as Piper simply standing up for me and I thought that it was very cute of her so I rubbed her back with my hand as we continued to eat.
Vanessa let go of Larry's hand and made her way over to the stove to serve her and Larry some breakfast. She definitely had the traits of a bully even if she wasn't one now, making herself at home in a house that wasn't even remotely her own. At least I was married to the daughter of the owners so I was technically family. This girl had zero right. I don't know if it was my anger towards her at being Piper's bully or Piper's nightmare about her last night or both but now everything this girl did annoyed me.
"Wait, there's like, nothing left!" She exclaimed. I internally chuckled thinking to myself, 'Yep, that was the plan.' I then said aloud,
"Oh I'm sorry, did I not make enough? I thought there'd be enough." I apologised but my apology was laced with sarcasm. Piper flashed me a smirk, only she had heard my sarcasm since Cal then said,
"Hey don't worry, blame it all on my sis, she's a pig in the morning." He winked at Piper.
This earned him a playful glare from Piper in return and laughs from everyone else including me.
Scrambled egg then flew across the table and hit Cal straight in the face.
"Calvin Chapman you take that back!" Piper squealed.
"What? How come Alex gets away with it?!" He tried and flashed me a 'help' look as he wiped the egg off his face. I simply shrugged.
"Alex isn't my brother and she can make it up to me in ways only she can." Piper retorted as she tried to fight her giggles.
"Okay, I never thought I'd have to use this term again when you're both now 30 and above but will you two children sit down and eat the lovely breakfast Alex made for us all." Carol scolded them.
"Sorry mom." Piper and Cal both murmured lowly and simultaneously as they hid their faces. With Cal this was funny but with Piper this was just plain cute and sort've a turn on for me. Piper being the submissive always was a turn on for me. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind and continued breakfast.
"Yeah babe quit throwing the eggs I made for you." I tell her feigning offence.
Piper melted at my false hurt.
"Awwww no, Alex I'm sorry! See Cal?! Now look what you've done!" She scolded her brother.
I couldn't hold my laughter after that.
"It's fine babe I was kidding, it's probably for the best that someone besides you gets more food." I sniggered. She sat beside me in protest looking like a goldfish with an open mouth. I simply kissed her and she playfully frowned.
"What? I thought you were offering." I laughed.
Egg then flew at her and landed in her hair. She had that wide mouthed expression back. It was Danny who had thrown the food this time. Piper slowly turned to narrow her eyes at him and he shrugged,
"What? I'm full and thought my little piranha sister would want my leftovers." He giggled which also made me laugh loudly and the rest of her family snigger.
Larry and Vanessa came down to the table with a bowl of cereal each.
Piper narrowed her eyes and grabbed my hand pulling us both up.
"Ooooh its a good thing it's Christmas morning. If we're going to throw food I declare a snowball fight! And we are sooo teaming up, Alex, Mom, Dad and Neri are with me. You two can team up with those two over there!" She declared pointing at Larry and Vanessa as she spoke to her brothers. I laughed and smiled. I finally had a family on Christmas thanks to the only woman I've ever loved and oooooh were the other team going down! The Vauses and the Chapman A team against the Blooms and the Chapman B team. Bring it.