Murphy

It was no secret that you loved John Murphy with all your heart. You protected him back when he was accused of murdering Wells and outcasted for it. You helped him heal once he came back from his journey to the City of Light with Jaha. You left the bunker to be at his side, no matter of the cost even if it meant your life. And now here he was, refusing to help it get back on track.

     "You want to just drink your life away in space, huh?" you sneer, leaning onto the doorframe as you stepped into his room, which also used to be your shared bunk until you moved out. "The ground was once the goal and now—"

     "Now, it doesn't matter, Y/N." he replied in a harsh, bitter tone. You roll your eyes, strolling further into the room and sitting on a chair across from where he was perched on the bed. "What, did you come here to try and make me cooperate again?"

     You shake your head, hiding the hurt you felt after hearing his words. It wasn't like Murphy to just give up. But you couldn't entirely blame him, after spending six years in the Ring with no hopes to get back to the ground. It seemed almost impossible at this point.

     "Y/N, look—"

     "Murphy, I love you." you cut him off, looking to him with tears brimming your eyes and daring to fall any second now. "I never stopped loving you, ever."

     "Then why did you leave me?" he asks, voice cracking as he was emotional to your statement. Murphy loved you as well, and never once did he stop. He believed at times that he didn't deserve your love but it only made him express his own twice as much. He was broken without you and being able to show you his love.

     "This isn't fair, Murphy. It's not fair to me that I can support you through anything, but I can't expect the same from you." you ranted, wiping a stray tear from your cheek. You tore your gaze away from him and diverted your eyes to the ground.

     "I–I'm sorry." he claims, "Just tell me how I can fix this. Y/N, I'm going crazy without you. I need you, love."

     "Help us get to the ground, Murphy. We can do this. And I need you to think so, as well. It breaks my heart seeing you so hopeless, I just—"

     "Okay." Murphy says simply, standing from his position on the bed. He stumbles towards you and faces in a kneeling position, placing his hands on the sides of your thighs. "I didn't realize how much I had to lose, until you left me."

     "I didn't want to, John." you sigh, taking a hold of his hands with yours. You lean over and plant a soft kiss to his forehead, "Don't lose yourself, and there is no way you will ever lose me."

     Murphy pulls you closer into a tight embrace, resting his head in the crook of your neck. He leaves soft kisses on your skin and mumbles about how much he's missed you for the time you've been away from him. "I love you so much, Y/N."