Octavia

!! CONTINUED FROM THE   "THEY HURT YOU" PREFERENCE

You waited in the room used to hold people prisoner before they were sent to fight for their freedom. Pacing back and forth, you couldn't believe that Octavia would actually lock you up for refusing to eat. She was once your lover, but being in the bunker for so long and running out of survival options has changed her. The heavy metal door opens and she walks in. Her dark glare roamed over you, instantly making you feel uneasy. "You said, you would not fight?" she spoke, tilting her head as she studied you briefly.

You nod, "I can't. They are my people and I will not fight them."

"They are traitors, just like you. But, if you will not fight them–" she draws her sword, pointing it at you threateningly. "Then you will fight me." You immediately shake you head, disagreeing. Before you could speak another word, she swings the blade down on your shoulder. You back away, hand retracting to the open cut. "You won't last five minutes out there."

"I loved you." you mutter out weakly, your words ceasing her movements. She stared down at your figure, not saying another word. "When we were together, everything felt right. You changed and then my world fell apart."

"You broke away from Wonkru." she claimed her argument.

"Before that, Oct– Octavia." you hesitantly said her name, noticing her eyes somewhat light up at the sound of it. "They're scared of you. I– I'm scared of you."

She put her sword in it's holster, walking towards the metal shelves and picking up a rag. The woman then walked back over to you and kneeled, softly pressing the rag against the cut she made. She couldn't meet your eyes as you watched her. "I missed you every single day since you left." Octavia admitted, her voice no longer broad, instead sounding how it did before any of the Praimfaya mess took place. Back when the two of you were together happily. "Things haven't been easy."

     "I know. We've all experienced that first hand, but that's no excuse for what's going on now." you sigh out, "Any little thing is a crime now, because you need more—"

     "Don't." she cuts you off, her voice sounding hurt and filled with disgust. You couldn't tell if she was disgusted by hearing of her own actions, or if she actually knew that it was wrong. "Let's talk about something else." she spoke softly, biting on her bottom lip as she held the rag to your cut. "What I did just now, to you, it was out of line. You don't even have a weapon to fight back and here I am, so wrong."

     "Even if you gave me a weapon, I wouldn't fight you. Whatever you put me through before isn't worth killing you over." you say, earning a nod of the head from Octavia but you could tell she didn't believe your words. Octavia believed that you should hate her; want to kill her, but you could never bring yourself to even think that way of her. "I still care about what happens to you. What's going on now, it's bringing you down and I can see that."

     "I never wanted for it to be this way." Octavia admitted, "I wanted life to be simple down here. That was the whole idea of Wonkru, we could all live as one together. Survival drove us apart."

     You hesitate, placing your hand over Octavia's. She froze for a moment, the touch almost foreign to her, but she quickly comforted to it. Octavia looks down and meets your gaze finally, "But I didn't want for it to drive you and I apart. Y/N, I love you with all of my heart and I never meant to hurt you." she told you, sighing out softly. "I'm not asking for your forgiveness, I couldn't. But will you— will you come back, be my light during this dark year? I don't think I can do this without you."

     You've never seen Octavia so vulnerable after she established her rank. She was opening up to you once again, for the first time in years. You nod your head, not really sure if agreeing with her was the right option, but you did nonetheless because you still cared for her. Octavia stood up, holding her hand out for you to take. You stand with her help, meeting her bright blue eyes once again.

     She takes you by surprise, pulling you in for a quick embrace. "I've really missed you, Y/N."