( 80. ) How they prepare to meet your parents

AU

CLARKE|
She asks you questions about them ahead of time and tries to find topics they can relate on. Her intentions are solely to keep a continuous conversation between you all, so no awkward moments can slip through.

BELLAMY|
He fixes his hair a thousand times over and contemplates each outfit he had prepared. In his head, he practices a few talking points to sound more interesting.

OCTAVIA|
She's mostly worried about smelling good and applies 50 different layers of perfume. Okay, maybe not 50, but it is a lot. This is her way of stressing over a little situation.

RAVEN|
She puts on makeup and dresses quite formally for the event, but not too overdone. Her first impressions are always the best, with her appearance topped off with that charisma, she's the best.

FINN|
He puts on a button up for the first time ever and constantly misses one button, making himself come off as very flustered. He'll settle with something less dressy, but still appealing and put on his best act when meeting them.

MONTY|
He prepares something special at his own home, like a fancy dinner, and invites everyone over. Monty hopes his setting skills are enough to win them over, but you tell him that his personality would be just enough.

JASPER|
He prepares by wearing something slightly dressy and making sure he smells really good. Aside from that, Jasper knows how to be a good conversationalist and can joke his way out of any awkward situation.

MURPHY|
He promises you to put on his best behavior and practices in the mirror saying things that are least inappropriate until he gets the hang of the new censorship.

EMORI|
She worries about hiding her hand, whether or not she would be turned down for the disability. Though your constant reassurance should relieve her of some of the stress, she still can't help but to prepare herself by finding more ways to stress about it.

WELLS|
He wears something formal and buys gifts for your parents, even though you tell him it's unnecessary. He prepares to use his charm to win their hearts.

LEXA|
She buys your parents a wick candle as a gift and prepares herself to meet them by doing a bunch of self-care beforehand, such as a rose bath and a face mask. Lexa appears to be very relaxed when the time comes to meet them.

INDRA|
She prepares by hyping herself up in the mirror, gaining the confidence she needs for meeting your parents for the first time.

LUNA|
She wears a very pretty dress and simply acts herself. Luna feels she has nothing to prepare for or hide about herself, feeling very confident that your parents will love her (and of course they would).

LINCOLN|
He calls you to ask for opinions on what he should wear, clearly nervous. Lincoln couldn't decide between a striped button up or polka dots and even tries to match the two together.

ECHO|
She covers her tattoos, afraid that they might be against the visual, and also wears her hair differently. You think the change is strange, because it isn't her, but don't bring it up as she's just nervous.

ROAN|
He does his best to clean up and not appear so rough, as to not scare them and you away.

ARTIGAS|
He doesn't quite prepare at all, to say the least. Artigas doesn't know exactly how to appeal to parents when meeting for the first time, so he just goes as himself and hopes for the best outcome.

MONROE|
Knowing that you would have dinner, she eats before to appear less hungry at the actual dinner with your parents. It's completely unnecessary, but it was something that stressed her out a lot.

JORDAN|
He gets very excited and prepares by baking a dessert to bring to dinner. It's extra sweet just like him.