Harper

You felt like a prisoner in the mountain, while everyone else lived it up because of some chocolate cake. That stressed you more than anything, not to mention the fact that you didn't even know if your crazy brother, Murphy, was somewhere out there surviving. Sometimes, you wanted to know if he was even thinking about you, or if he missed you. And that hurt.

     The door to the room opened, as Harper pushed herself through and closed it behind her. You knew little of the girl, except for the fact that she held her own. You watched it before your own eyes when she fought back against Murphy's demands days after you all arrived to the ground. Though now, none of that mattered because you knew she was beginning to get comfortable in Mount Weather, along with the others.

     The dirty blonde sits on the bunk across from you, crossing her legs and giving you a small smile. "You missed lunch. I came to check on you." she admitted her intentions, pulling out what seemed to be a candy bar from her jacket pocket and offering it to you.

     You take it from her, giving her a grateful smile and sitting up in the same position she was, seeming as she wanted to have a conversation. "It's nothing, really. I just prefer not to be around the people who gassed us and dragged us to their mountain."

     Harper shook her head, "I don't like it either, but we have to play along for a little longer. At least until Clarke comes up with a plan." she says, surprising you. You didn't think that Harper actually disliked the mountain. You thought she was being brainwashed like the others. "Why do you think I'm sneaking extra food?" she laughs, "Have to prepare for our escape. Whenever that time comes, anyway."

     "I'm glad we're thinking the same way. I was starting to think that a little chocolate cake could turn anyone." you joked, grinning to the girl who returned a sweet smile. "You see things differently, though. I admire that." You watched as her eyes trailed to the ground, a small blush coming over her cheeks.

You remember having your eye one her at the camp long before, finding it to be a small crush. Harper was undeniably beautiful and you were never one to hold back admitting that to people, but this was different. For some reason, you were too flustered to even compliment her for anything besides her skill, and that wasn't how you wished to continue on the conversation.

Luckily for you, she spoke up, "Don't take this the wrong way, please. I just feel like I should tell you now, well, because we seem to be bonding, I think. Well, when I found out you were Murphy's sister, I thought you would be just as reckless and as much of an ass as him." she says, causing you to emit a sharp laugh. "That's not it. When you helped Jasper gain back his strength after the accident, tried to help everyone around you, I realized that you were the complete opposite as him."

"Glad my first impression on everyone is my brother's legacy." you roll your eyes playfully, continuing to listen to what Harper had to say.

"You're a great person and I don't think you realize that. I just– I needed to be the one to tell you. Someone who sees you, for you." Harper claimed, standing and joining you on your bunk. "I don't want you to feel alone here."

You look away shyly, avoiding her gaze. Truth be told, this was the first time someone had actually tried to be your friend or develop a bond with you. It meant a lot, "Thank you, Harper." you smile fondly, meeting her gazing eyes finally.

"Don't mention it, Y/N. I just want you to know that you'll always have a friend, as long as I'm around." she promises, taking your hand in hers. You didn't know if you were imagining things or if the spark you felt was the real thing. Sure, Harper was the sweetest, most outgoing and beautiful soul you've ever met, but you weren't sure if the timing was right to accept any of the matter now. "Is there anyone that you... like, or liked back at the camp? Oh, God. I'm sorry. That was so, so random." she laughed it off.

     You shook your head, "No one really sparked my interest, until now, that is." you replied, causing her to furrow her brows in thought. Harper was secretly hoping that you meant that about her, and you were hoping that she would catch on and realize it most definitely was about her.

"What would you say, if I told you that I like the thought of us being more than just friends?" Harper risked the little hope she ran on, watching you with wondering eyes as you fiddled with your fingertips.

     "I– I would say, that's actually not a bad thought and I might have had the same idea, as well." you say, causing her to gleam up and give you a bright grin.

     Harper breathes out a sigh of relief, giving your hand a tight squeeze. "I was so scared to tell you that, but now I'm glad I did. It was all worth it."