Clarke

Clarke had fallen asleep at the desk almost an hour before you walked in. As soon as you saw her slouched and exhausted figure, you made sure to be as quiet as possible around her. You understood why Clarke was so stressed, as she told you everything going on in the moment. The list is what you notice that she was working on.

     Of course you didn't expect your name to be on the list and to say the least bit, you couldn't blame her if it wasn't. There were people far more productive that deserved your place. So it comes as a shock when you find your name at number ninety-nine.

     Almost as if Clarke sensed your presence, she began to stir in her sleep and slowly sit up from the table. Her eyes widen once she noticed you looking over her shoulders and to the paper she was writing.

     "Clarke,—" you begin, but she quickly cuts you off.

     "Y/N, I'm not taking your name off. I can't and I won't." she stands her ground, knowing that was exactly what you would request for her to do.

     Your eyes roamed over the names for almost the thousandth time and you just couldn't find hers. "Spot one hundred is open." you say calmly, "I need you to put your name there. Please, Clarke."

     Clarke shakes her head as the guilt that was already built up inside of her grew with the idea of placing her name on that paper. "No, I can think of someone else. Y/N, I just need to—"

     "Clarke, put your name there or I will." you tell her once again, voice breaking with your words. Just the thought of her staying outside on the day of Praimfaya stung your heart and you couldn't imagine life without her. You loved Clarke and would refuse to stay on the list if she wasn't on it with you.

     Clarke makes no effort to write her name, only staring to the paper with many mixed emotions. You gently take the pen from her grasp and place the tip on the paper, effortlessly writing Clarke's full name.

     "This is the right thing, Clarke." you take a seat next to her, placing your hand on top of hers as a comforting gesture. "I can't do this without you."

     Hearing those words ease Clarke's decision, because she knew that no matter what, you would be at her side. "You won't ever have to."