Octavia

FLASHBACK

Every teen on the Ark was so excited for the party. It was the one day in the year that they could actually live a little, without having to worry about rules or boundaries. It was all just fun. Tonight felt special for you, but you didn't exactly know why. A beautiful girl, though you could only partially see her face, approached you and asked if you would like to dance. You could tell she was nervous and she picked you out of the crowd because she thought you were a friendly face.

The two of you danced, twirling around and very off beat with the music. You were laughing and having a wonderful time with her, though you didn't even know who she was. Your fun was brought to an abrupt stop when three guards approached you both and began to accuse her of something you couldn't quite catch.

"Excuse me, is there a problem here?" You asked one guard, stepping in between all of them and basically being that girl's shield.

"Miss Y/L/N, step away from her please. We would hate for this to turn into something more." Another guard ordered you.

"It became something more when you started messing with my friend. Now, what is the problem?" You waited for answers.

"She isn't your friend. In fact, you don't even know this girl. So I'm going to give you one more chance to step away now, or you will have to face the consequences for disobeying law."

"No way." You stood your ground, remaining in front of the girl. That was when they started using force. Two guards detained you while the one put the girl in cuffs. You were both arrested that night.

PRESENT DAY

You landed on Earth with 99 other delinquents. This was your treatment for being a criminal, though you felt more of a failed hero than the words the Ark described you as. You couldn't help but to wonder if the girl you tried to save was down here with you. While you were locked up, a guard named Bellamy became acquainted to you quickly. He told you about his sister, Octavia, the girl you stood up for. Bellamy was happy that you tried and would make sure nothing bad happened to you while the other guards were around.

One day he stopped showing up to your cell, but you assumed that would happen. He was becoming more depressed without his sister or mother. Bellamy quit his job, but now he stood before you, in a guard's uniform on the ground with all 100 of you delinquents. He noticed you eyeing him and instantly made his way over, "Y/N, I'm glad you're here."

"Me, too. But why are you here?" You asked him, concerned.

He smiled, looking over his shoulder and then back to you. "For my sister." As he said this, the girl approached you both. She instantly recognized you.

"You saved me."

"I tried to. I'm sorry, there wasn't much I could—" She cuts you off by bringing you in for a tight embrace. You accept it and wrap your arms around her. Bellamy decided to give the two of you space while you held this meaningful reunion.

"Why did you do that? You risked everything for me, and you didn't even know who I was?" She asked you, worry held in her voice as if you were on her mind for the passed two years you were both in the cells.

"You're right. I didn't know who you were, but it doesn't change the fact that I felt like it was the right thing to do." Your words make her blush as she looked towards the ground shyly, "And actually, now that I do know you, I'd do it over a thousand times just so we could meet like this again."

She takes your hands in her own, giving them a gentle squeeze. "You're too kind." Octavia says, leaning in and kissing your cheek. In that instant, you knew she was worth risking everything.