prologue

yang jeongin
I saw her again. After 4 years.

All our childhood lives, we hated eachother. Our moms were bestfriends, so we had to pretend like we were as well, but when we got rid of the pretend act, we absolutely hated eachother's guts.

She had moved away when we were 14. Of course, being enemies, we didn't say goodbye to eachother sincerely. It was just a plain and simple "Bye". I hadn't seen her since.

Four years later, she came back. We're both 18, senior year. My life without her has been the same. My mom calls her mom everyday. Sometimes she makes me say hi to Y/N. Like before, we had to pretend like we were friends.

Seeing her again, made me remember how much hatred I really felt for her. I mean, it's not like I HATED her. We just didn't get along. We had our differences. We never agreed with eachother, never admitted that one of us was right, never had a peaceful conversation without arguing. We bickered a lot.

In school we'd usually avoid eachother as much as we could but it was nearly impossible because we had the same friends. They'd tell us "Oh, why can't you guys just get along?" Well, it's not that easy, Susan.

If you don't get along with someone and you hate them, there's no way you could take the hatred all away. I mean, unless that person changes. But I doubt Y/N will be any different. She'd be the same girl I used to quarrel with 4 years ago.

I had expected to continue to hate her as much as I did when we were children and the hatred indeed come back once I saw her again. Although I think I saw something in her that I never did before. I don't know what it is, I regained back that hatred for her but without me even noticing, it all slipped away day by day.

Maybe we aren't enemies after all.