36

kwon y/n

y e s t e r d a y

Felix suddenly messaged me out of the blue and said he wanted to meet up to discuss something.. so we met up at the nearest park we always know to go to when hanging out. There he was in the distance, sitting down on a bench distracted by his phone.

I walked up to him and poked his shoulder. He automatically looked up and saw me, smiling. He got up and embraced me into a tight but quick hug, then pulled away. We began walking around side by side.

"Hey. So, what was it that you wanted to speak about?" I spoke up.

"Alright so... I'm sure you've heard."

"About?" I knit my brows together in confusion.

"Me having feelings for you.." he started, "Which is why Jeongin and I are even in conflict in the first place."

I gulped.

"Uh- yeah.. that's right." I nodded slightly.

"I've had feelings for you for a very long time now. I initially wasn't planning on telling you or letting you find out, but obviously that plan is long gone now.." he bitterly chuckled.

"But I love you. I love you a lot. If I wasn't so deeply in love with you I wouldn't be taking the news of you and Jeongin dating to the head. I wouldn't have turned it into a big deal."

"Clearly I'm an idiot for not telling you sooner, since it seems like Jeongin was lucky enough to have you before I could."

"But now that you guys are over..."

He stopped in his tracks, so did I. I could feel the nerves rushing through my body, praying to the gods that he's not about to do what I think he is. He grabbed my hands, interlocking it with his. He looked straight into my eyes, never looking away even for a second.

"Kwon Y/N. Will you be my girlfriend?"

It felt as if my heart sank into my stomach. I gulped once again, feeling as if there was a big lump in my throat, preventing me from speaking. After a long pause, I finally spoke up.

"Felix, I-"

"I know it's a jerk move for me to ask you out a week after you just got out of a relationship, especially with one of my bestfriends.. but I can't endure it anymore." he cut me off.

"Felix, I literally love you so much and appreciate you. But I don't know if I can love you as more than just a close friend or a bestfriend. I'm sorry I can't return your feelings.. you shouldn't waste your feelings on me. You deserve someone who will actually love you the way that you love me, alright? And that someone is not me. I'm really sorry." I frown, tears threatening to escape from my eyes.

I studied his expression; I can tell he was deeply hurt from my words. He looked as if he was in pain.

"But.. but why? Why can't you love me back?" he cried out.

"I think it's best if we stay friends. Nothing more than that.. I'm sorry." I gulp.

"But can't you just give me a chance? See if it works out? What if you try it out and we actually work out? You never know, Y/N!"

"Us dating is risky.. what if it ruins our friendship and connection? What if it completely takes away the way we connect and vibe with each other now? I don't want that to happen to us." I respond.

"There's a possibility that won't happen."

"Felix, please.. just understand that I can't return your feelings. As much as I feel bad, I can't force something that's not even there." I let go of his hands.

"You still love him, don't you?"