9

yang jeongin

next day

I got ready in a snap, wearing a simple baby pastel pink tee shirt with simple black jeans.

I rushed out of my room; and I got too anxious because I woke up late, so I didn't realize that I didn't bring my backpack. Y/N was waiting downstairs, and she stood up as soon as she saw me. We put our shoes on and walked out the door, not saying bye to our moms. We walked casually to the bus stop, considering the fact that we were already 20 minutes late.

"Did you oversleep?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Sorry that I'm making you late." I apologized, embarrassed.

"It's okay." She shook her head slowly.

"How's your leg?" She changed the subject.

"Healing well. You don't have to ask every day, you know," I chuckle half heartedly.

"I kind of do.. since all I could have done was sanitize it. I should've looked on the internet to see what more I could've done," Y/N sighed.

I thought the 'nice' act that she has going on was going to disappear the next day, but I guess not. I don't understand why she's being nice and caring for me when she specifically told me to stop caring about her. Not that.. I did care, but still.

"It's alright! You don't have to care about me." I repeat the same thing she said to me yesterday.

"What I said yesterday to you about not caring about me.. forget it. I was in a grumpy mood that morning." She mumbled.

"I can't just forget about it. I get it, you dislike me, you don't want to have anything to do with me. I feel the same way." I bitterly reply.

"Jeongin-"

"Save it." I interrupt, gritting my teeth.

I don't know why I just got so upset, but that was weird.

"Okay." She muttered.

"It's not like I cared anyways." I spat out.

"I didn't expect you to."

"Whatever." I bluntly said.

"Anyways.. do you know when the next math quiz is? I need to know before hand." She changed the topic once again.

"Mmmh" I purposely mumbled, not answering properly.

I didn't feel like talking anymore.

She took a pause, breathing out deeply clearly in annoyance.

"Do you think the others know?" She asked.

"Mmm" I obnoxiously mumbled again.

"Jeongin, what the actual heck is wrong with you? What did I do this time!?" She stopped in her tracks, and so did I.

"What do you mean?" I mockingly questioned.

"You were fine five minutes ago but here you are! You can't even answer a simple question." She clicked her tongue.

"I didn't feel like talking.." I carelessly shrug.

"Why do you always act like a child..?" She gave me a cold stare.

"And why do you even care?!" I snapped.

"You act like a clingy, needy, and annoying girlfriend! Do you know how stressful it is, to go through that? You don't know how hard it is, having to deal with someone as annoying as you. As soon as you move out of MY house, I never want to see you again." I sighed, annoyed.

She looked taken aback. But I wasn't finished.

"Jeongin-"

"You always wonder why you can't get a boyfriend... this is why. You're annoying and bratty." I spat out.

As soon as those last words slipped out, her cold gaze softened and she just stood there; obviously hurt over what I said.

"I hate you." She stated.

"I hate you so much, Jeongin." She muttered.

She walked past me and walked back towards our house.

"Where the frick are you going?!" I shout.

"None of your business." She shouted back.

I sighed frustratingly, walking to the bus stop, letting her go back home by herself.

school

I walked inside the building, with a straight and moody expression on. The hallways were empty and quiet, as expected, since everyone was already in class. It was probably second period by now. I grunted lowly and walked to the office, writing up a late note and heading to class.

I walked inside the math classroom, directly giving the teacher the note and sitting down next to Felix. The teacher continued her lesson and I sighed, resting my chin in the palm of my hand, irritated.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"Y/N." I straightforwardly answer.

"What happened this time?" He sighed.

"We broke out into a real argument." I mutter.

"What? Why???" His expression changed from happy to sad and concerned.

"She was being difficult and kept nagging at me like a mom."

"If she does that, it means she cares you know..." his voice trailed off.

"She doesn't give a flying poop in the air about me. She told me to stop caring about her even when I didn't care in the first place. We made it clear to eachother never to be anything more than enemies." I reply.

"Okay.." he mumbled quietly.

"But what did you say to her?" He added on.

I bit the inside of my lip, afraid to answer his question, since I said some harsh things to her. He's probably going to be pissed at me.

"I said that she was annoying and bratty..." I admit nervously.

"Are you kidding me, idiot?" He furrowed his eyebrows, outraged.

"It was the heat of the moment!" I defend myself.

"I don't think you know how self conscious she is about herself. After all, you're the one who caused her to be insecure." He sighed.

"Why do you always make her seem like the victim?" I stare at him.

"Because she is." He bluntly replied.

"You care about her so much, don't you? Why don't you two just date?" I raised an eyebrow at the hyung.

His face turned a light pink; the same shade as my shirt.

"I'm not sure she likes me." He frowned a bit.

"Hyung, a little advice... don't make it too obvious in front of her. Please. It makes me cringe how obvious it is but she still can't figure it out." I suggest.

"Shut up." He glared at me.

"But seriously though.. I don't think I'll ever get a chance with her. She told me a week ago that she has feelings for someone else, but she won't tell me who." He added.

I wonder who.

I mean- I shouldn't care.

I don't care.