7

yang jeongin

It was dismissal: the 9 of us were all planning to hang out at the nearby playground. We stood in a group in front of the front entrance door, stalling some time, which was pointless because I wanted to leave school as fast as possible. The double doors opened, and we all looked to see who it was, and it was Kwon Y/N. I gulped looking at her, immediately looking away, still embarrassed and flustered about what happened during lunch.

"Y/N! We were just going to the park! Do you want to go with us?" Chan asked her.

"No, I'm okay." She bluntly said in a low voice.

Hmm. Strange.

I peeked at her and she looked really down; both sad & moody at the same time. I tilted my head in curiosity; but it was best to leave her alone. Besides I can't even say a word to her without thinking about what happened.

Although I regret.. kissing... her, I feel like a good person for protecting her.

Well, I don't feel proud about the fact I faked being her boyfriend- but whatever.

"Are you alright?" Minho asked her.

"I'm fine. Have fun." She shook her head, walking away from us.

"I wonder what's wrong with her." Seungmin added.

"Jeongin.. are you sure nothing happened to her?" Felix whispered to me, frowning.

I remember what Y/N had said about not telling anyone what happened, and I'm going to respect her business.

"I'm sure." I nod.

I doubt Y/N won't tell him later on anyways, they're bestfriends. She'll probably tell him what happened, it's wrong for the story to come out of my mouth. Although I'm basically like her lord and savior. I deserve an award.

We finally began to walk to the playground, talking with one another about random and weird things like we always do as a group of 9 bestfriends.

-

While playing soccer with some of the hyungs, I tripped over a rock and it caused my leg to bleed a bit, but I didn't think anything of it so I left it as is. I figure I could handle it when I get home, but the whole time, it was bothering me a bit, especially when my leg would hit the soccer ball accidentally.

When the sun began to set, I decided to go home. I said bye to the hyungs and walked home, my leg still bothering me. But I'm a man, I should endure the pain! I stopped by the convenience store near my house, deciding to get ice cream to cool myself off. I looked at the variety of ice creams; picking out a popsicle that caught my interest.

I was about to close the cooler, but Y/N popped up in my head. I stood there for a moment, thinking whether or not I should buy her one. I chose out another popsicle: the one she used to be obsessed with when we were little, so I chose that one.

I paid for the popsicles and walked out, walking home with a black plastic bag with our popsicles. As I was walking, I grunted, cursing myself in my mind.

'I can't believe I bought her ice cream.. I can't believe I kissed her.. I'm such an idiot.' I thought.

I walked onto the front porch, taking out my house keys and unlocking the front door. I walked in, closing the door and locking it. I looked around the house; I spotted Y/N sitting on the couch watching a show. I looked at the TV screen; she was watching Supernatural. I remember walking in on her fangirling over the Winchester brothers when we were 12.

She looked at me and mumbled something under her breath but I couldn't understand what she said. I walked up to her and sat down 3 inches away from her, handing her the popsicle I bought her.