13

yang jeongin

I woke up the next Saturday afternoon: it was 1, considering the fact that I wasn't able to sleep at all yesterday night. Thoughts were invading my mind, thoughts about Y/N. As much as I didn't want to think about her, I couldn't help it.

We agreed on being friends yesterday.. I'm not sure if it was just the heat of the moment, or if we'll actually be friends. I guess I hope we'll be genuine friends, because to be quite honest, I want to make it up to Y/N for hurting her in the past. And also, I'm sick and tired of arguing with her every day.

I got out of bed, grunting random things to myself under my breath, still basically half asleep. I walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind me, and I yawned, washing my face and brushing my teeth.

After that, I walked out of the bathroom and downstairs to see Y/N sitting at the kitchen counter, eating what looked like pancakes. I sat down next to her and she turned her head, looking at me.

"Good morning." I scratched the back of my head, still sleepy.

"Morning." She greeted back.

"Where's our moms?" I asked, noticing that they were no where to be seen.

"At work. My mom's working with your mom for the time being," Y/N answered.

"So we have the house to ourselves.." I dazed off.

"Yeah. Basically." She said.

"Do you want breakfast? I made extra pancakes just in case," she asked me.

"Yes please." I nodded.

She stood up and walked into the kitchen, stacking three pancakes on top of eachother on a plate. She placed the plate in front of me, giving me a butter knife and a fork. She sat back down and I gave her a small smile.

"Thank you." I politely said.

"No problem."

I began to eat my pancakes; after pouring some maple syrup on them of course. We didn't talk much, we were busy eating. The pancakes were pretty darn good.

"These are good." I nodded slowly in approval.

"Thanks. My dad taught me when I was little." She gave me a smile.

I studied her face.. she was actually really pretty, prettier than I've noticed before. I'm saying that in the most platonic way ever though. I'm not catching feelings for her, we barely just even started being friends. Besides, I'm probably not her type. As much as I want to deny it.. she fits my ideal type really well. But let's pretend that I didn't say anything.

"How's your leg?" She changed the topic.

"Healing well." I smiled brightly.

"You didn't take the wrap off, did you..?" Her voice got smaller.

I chuckled.

"No, it's still on, Y/N."

"Thanks for caring." I added on.

"That's what I ought to do." She replied.

"Are you going anywhere this afternoon?" I asked to keep the conversation flowing.