32

yang jeongin

"You're back." I breathed out.

My eyes shifted from her then to her luggage that she brought with her for the past week, resting there besides her.

All of me wanted to run up to her and hold her in my arms, but I stood there, frozen; as if a spell took over my body and prevented me from moving. We locked eyes, for what felt like an eternity, though she looked away seconds after we made eye contact.

"How- How have you been..?" I gulped hard, struggling to speak.

"I've been fine." She responded shortly, avoiding eye contact with me.

My eyes glued onto her; never taking them off of her for even a millisecond.

"Well- that's good.." My voice fades.

"I-" I begin to say, but I cut myself off.

I miss you.

I miss you, Y/N.

But I know this is the bad time to say anything like that to you, no matter how much I mean it.

"You...?" she hesitantly looked up at me, waiting for me to finish.

"I'm just glad you've been doing well." I give her a small sad smile.

"And how've you been?" Y/N asks me.

"Fine as well." I respond.

I lied.

I haven't been fine.

"That's good to hear." She nodded softly.

"Y/N-"

"Well, I'll be going upstairs now. See you." She quickly said and went upstairs, carrying her luggage.

I watched her as she went upstairs, and as soon as she disappeared in my sight, I took a deep and fast breath, running my fingers through my hair out of frustration; frustration because I should've done something. Hugged her, kissed her, held her, held her hand, just... something. But no. I didn't. I couldn't. I just stood there and watched her leave out of my sight.

I should've told her I miss her. I should've told her how I really feel about her leaving for a week to get rid of her feelings for me. I should have told her that I haven't really been fine.

What is wrong with me? I'm such an idiot.

I bawl my fists tightly until my skin turned white; I stood there, mad at myself. Shaky breaths came out of my mouth, regretting not doing anything just now. I take another final deep breath and then move over to the couch, taking a seat, staring blankly at the black TV screen.

two hours later

I got off the couch, turning off the TV. It was already 6 PM; my mother and Y/N's were strangely not home yet. I was beginning to get hungry, so I stood up and walked over to the kitchen.

I looked in the fridge to find something to make, but didn't manage to find anything. I sighed, scratching my head.

"Jeongin." Y/N's voice appeared near me.

My body reacted quickly once again, bolting upright. I turned my head to see Y/N standing behind the counter, looking at me with empty eyes.

"Ye- Yes?" I stuttered.

"Do you know where my mother is?" She asked. "I haven't seen her all day."

"No. Both our moms have been out. I haven't seen them either." I reply to her.

"Ah.. okay." she said, noticing that I was looking in the fridge.

"Are you hungry? Is there nothing to eat?" she asked me.

"Uh- well.." I stood there, embarrassed.

"There's no food." I nod slowly.

"I'll go to the market and buy ingredients to make dinner, then." She nodded to herself.

"No, that's fine. We can just.. order delivery." I object.

"Are you sure?" She asked, sounding worried; but her facial expression was still dull and empty.

"Yes." I nod.

"Okay. What do you want to order?"

"It's up to you." I say.

"No. Your choice." She replied back.

"You sure?" I raise my eyebrows a bit.

"Mhm." she mumbled.

"What about... pizza!" My eyes light up a bit too brightly.

"Okay." she chuckled softly and faintly- so faint to the point where you couldn't even hear it.

I can tell she's not herself right now. Something is bothering her or upsetting her. I can see right through her.

"Okay." I nod once again.

half an hour later

Y/N and I sat there in silence, quietly eating our slices of pizza at the dinner table. Not a single peep was made; the two of us were dead silent. The silence was bothering me second by second; all I want to do is speak up and talk to her about her day.

"So.. how has school been?" she cleared her throat.

"Alright.. basically just the same everyday." I pout my lips a little.

"You're lucky.. you didn't have to attend school for a week. I'm surprised your mom let you skip school." I sigh.

"Yeah. I'm surprised too." Y/N faintly chuckled again.

God, what's with these faint chuckles?

Y/N, I want to hear your cute chuckles loudly as much as I can.

Don't make them faint.

"How are the guys?" She looked at me.

"They're the same as usual. The hyungs are still as hyper.. but they've been saying they missed you the days you were gone." I respond.

"Ah.. those dorks." she flashed a small smile, looking back down at the table.

"I missed you too, you know." I look her in the eyes.

"Jeongin-" she froze, eventually looking back up at me and into my eyes.

"You don't have to reply. Just know that I missed- no, not MISSED. I MISS you." I give her a small bitter smile.

"Jeongin, we're better off as enemies."

Those words hit me harder than a brick could.