19

yang jeongin

Y/N and I walked into the cafeteria after that jerk left us alone, and of course, we couldn't walk in holding hands or being affectionate.

We looked around for my hyungs and then when they were in sight, we walked up to them normally and took seats silently. We sat next to eachother; since there was an empty row.

Jisung came up to us, taking a seat next to Minho with a sheet of paper in his hands. He groaned loudly, whining afterwards.

"This homework is bullpoop, I don't know how to do this witch craft!!" He whined.

"Did any of you guys do it?" He asked us.

"I did, but I turned it in early." Jisung said.

"I did only half." Minho said, Hyunjin agreeing with him.

"I don't even have it, I lost it." Changbin snickered.

"I ripped it in half." Y/N shrugged.

"Oh, the teacher didn't give me it." Seungmin smiled.

"I didn't even know there was homework..?" Chan looked at us, lost.

"I crumpled it." I added.

"Felix?" Jisung looked at him.

I glanced at Felix, he was as blank as a rock. He sat there, his head hung low, and there was a blank/cold/gloomy expression on his face. It looked like he was mad about something, he didn't look happy like he usually does.

"Are you good?" Changbin asked him.

"Mmhm." Felix mumbled, nodding slightly.

Yeah, he's definitely not okay. I'll check up on him later, it looks like something is bothering him.

The hyungs changed the subject as Y/N and I stayed quiet, listening to their conversations. As they were talking, Y/N's and my hands were under the table. So I grabbed her hand, intertwining it with mines. I put our connected hands into my sweater pocket and squeezed her hand tightly.

If I can't hug her, at least this will do.

"Y/N? Jeongin? You've been awfully quiet." Hyunjin eyed us.

"Don't point me out, you guys are literally talking about boxers. I don't want to be apart of that." Y/N shuddered.

"You guys do realize there's only ONE girl in this group right? Don't talk about guy-related stuff in front of her, she must be uncomfortable." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"This is the first time I've ever heard you defend her." Minho raised an eyebrow at me.

"I still can't believe it!" Seungmin exclaimed in disbelief.

"I told you hyungs, Y/N and I are friends now!" I pout.

"Is that true, Y/N?" Chan looked at her with a skeptical look.

I squeezed her hand tighter, and she cleared her throat.

"What?" She blinked repeatedly, confused.

"Are you two friends?" Chan repeated.

"Oh- yes." She nodded instantly.

"Not sure they're only friends." Felix said under his breath.

I shot a stare at him, and he looked right back at me, staring back. His expression was still gloomy and stone cold as ever.

I looked away, looking at the table silently.

-

dismissal

Y/N and I were about to leave the building. We were by our lockers, about to evacuate the school, until Felix walked up to me, that same stone cold expression plastered on his face.

"Sorry to interrupt. But can I talk to you, Jeongin?" He asked me, ignoring Y/N.

"Uh- Sure." I looked at Y/N.

"I'll wait outside. Take your time." She smiled at us.

"Yeah, yeah." Felix mumbled.

Y/N frowned, but said nothing and walked outside to the front. I faced him, looking at him.

"What is it, hyung?" I ask him.

"You're dating Y/N." He said flatly.

"What-"

"Don't even lie to me, there's no point in trying. I heard you talking to that guy yesterday. You were lying to me all along! How could you do that?!" He raised his voice.

"Felix.." I mumbled.

"Don't even say my name right now. I thought you were my bestfriend. How can you do that to me? Especially after I told you that I'm head over heels for her?! You told me you hated her guts! What the hell is this?!" He yelled in my face.

"I've loved her since 7th grade. And how long have you liked her?"

"I realized that I liked her all along- this was two days ago.." I mutter.

"I can't believe you, Jeongin. You were supposed to have my back! I thought you were helping me get with her, what is this?! Now you're dating her?!!" He shoved me with a bit of force.

"I was going to tell you- I don't want to lose you as a friend, hyung. Please. I'll do anything." I pleaded.

"Break up with her." He spat out.

"What?! You can't make me do that! I love her!" I raise my voice, outraged.

"I love her too." He mumbled.

"So if you don't want to ruin our friendship, break up with her." He stepped closer to me.

"You're not seriously making me do that, are you? I get that you love her, but you should respect her decisions! You even said that you don't think she likes you! Why are you getting so fixed up? You said you wanted her to be happy. Why can't you let the both of us be happy together?!" I yell.

"Woah- what is going on here?" Chan broke us up, standing in between us.

"What is happening? Why do you guys look like you're about to fight eachother?" Hyunjin stood in front of me.

"Why don't you ask him that. I'm out of here." Felix said sharply, walking away.

Chan followed behind him; they left from the back of the school instead.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"What the heck happened, Jeongin?" Hyunjin asked me.

"Felix and I got into an argument- over Y/N."