49

JEONGIN POV

"Why do you do this? I hate you," She sobbed in my chest.

"Jeongin I hate you." She lightly hit my chest over and over again, trying to let go, but I held onto her.

"Don't let go. Please," I whispered, begging her.

I knew this would be the last time I'd ever be able to hold her. This would be the last time I'd be this close to her.

She sobbed and sobbed like the rain, wetting my shirt. Soon enough, tears began rolling down my cheeks as well. She eventually stopped hitting me and resisting, wrapping her tiny arms around me as well.

I held her even tighter, as we both cried in eachothers' embrace.

I don't know what has gotten into me, I don't know why I'm so emotional. I never cry like this, it's weird. I'm not used to it.

She let go of me, wiping her tears. She looked at me once more, then got up.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy, Jeongin,"

"I won't bother you any longer." She said.

She grabbed her bowl of soup, walking to the kitchen. She washed her bowl and spoon, putting it into the dish washer without saying a word. She then walked upstairs, into the room.

I wiped my tears, running my fingers through my hair in frustration. I shook my head, just laying there. I felt empty. This was the last goodbye, I would never get to be with her again. Not that close, at least.

I hope Hyunjin can make her happy. I didn't do a good enough job. I'm sure my hyung can do better. I closed my eyes, and then suddenly I fell asleep.

-

I woke up, still on the couch, immediately feeling way better. I sighed, checking the time on the clock: it was 6 pm. I grabbed my phone and dialed Chan's number to see where he was.

After two missed calls he finally picked up.

"Hyung!" I said, putting it on speaker.

"Jeongin, what's up?" He replied, and I can hear the other hyungs in the background.

"It's 6, where are you hyungs?"

"We're at the mall. I bought you two hoodies." He replied, making me smile brightly.

"I love you hyungggg!!" I exclaim.

"Love you too, kid. We're about to be done, then we'll buy food home."

"Be safe, hyung. I LOVE ALL OF YOU HYUNGS" I shout to the phone.

Changbin snorted.

"Gross." Changbin said.

"Hmph." I pout, hanging up.

I sighed, putting my phone beside me on the couch. I turn the TV on, clicking through movies on Netflix. For some reason, I just felt empty; felt as if nothing was wrong, but nothing was right either.

I usually get happy talking to my hyungs, but.. I can't. I feel sad, empty. I don't know why. I let out a breath, but it was shaky. As if I was on the verge of tears. I tried shaking it off, distracting myself with a movie.

It was Despicable Me, my all time favorite movie. It always cheers me up. Half way through I just spaced out, not feeling anything.

I felt numb, but at the same time I felt sad.

It was so weird. Nothing is even wrong.

Half an hour later, the hyungs came home. I heard them outside the door and the keys dangling, as my eyes widened and I broke out into a big smile. Then they came in after opening the door, most of the hyungs holding shopping bags.

"HYUNGS!!" I exclaim, clapping like a seal.

"We brought food~" Seungmin cooed happily.

The hyungs plopped down their shopping bags on the couch and on the living room floor, bringing food to the dinner table.

"Did you make seaweed soup, Jeongin?" Minho asked, noticing my bowl on the table.

"Yeah. I forgot to put it away." I said, getting up.

I put the bowl away into the sink, sitting down with the hyungs.

"Where's Y/N?" Hyunjin asked, noticing that she was nowhere to be found.

I shrugged.

"You'd usually know where she is." Jisung raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, she's always with you." Minho furrowed his eyebrows, looking at me in suspicion.

"I'm not sure." I mumbled, being reminded of her.

Hyunjin got up, going upstairs probably to get her. We expected her to come down with him, but he walked downstairs by himself with no Y/N.

"Where is she?" Changbin asked.

"She said she's not hungry." Hyunjin replied, sitting back down.

"We should save some for her when she gets hungry." Hyunjin said.

Of course he says that.

We all began eating happily together, sitting and laughing. The whole time, the hyungs kept asking me about Y/N.

"Jeongin, what's wrong with Y/N? She seems a bit more distant today." Minho asked me, eyeing me.

"Ask Hyunjin." I muttered, avoiding eye contact with any of the hyungs.

"Is she okay?" Felix asked.

"Ask Hyunjin." I muttered.

"Is she alright? She seems off." Jisung asked me.

"I don't know!!" I snapped unexpectedly.

"I don't know." My voice got quieter, running my fingers through my hair.

The hyungs stayed silent, until Chan spoke up.

"I'm sure she's fine. Let's stop bombarding Jeongin with questions." He said, staring at me.

"Thank you.." I mumbled, feeling sad.

Suddenly she came downstairs, looking faint and pale. She sat down next to Hyunjin, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Felix asked her, looking concerned.

"You look like a ghost." Hyunjin frowned, touching her face.

I sharply eyed them the whole time, as she didn't look at me once. Hyunjin tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, continuing to touch her face.

"I'm fine." She said simply.

I gulped, staying quiet. I got up, throwing my plate away and walking into the living room, sitting down.

"I'm fine." Y/N repeated.

No, you're not.

But it's okay.

You have Hyunjin now.