3

kwon y/n

I was sitting at the kitchen table alone, looking through old photos of my father and I, since no one was home besides me. I couldn't help but reminisce about our memories together; I loved him with all my heart.. sadly he passed away when I was 8. I guess you can say I was a daddy's girl.. he even admitted that I was his favorite child, although he was probably just lying to make me feel good. Besides, you shouldn't pick favorites between your children no matter what. I sat there, sobbing and crying, yearning for the comfort that my dad used to give me whenever I was feeling down. I sniffled repeatedly, trying to stop myself from crying, but the tears just wouldn't stop.

I heard the front door unlock and someone opening it, their keys dangling. I sniffled some more, wiping my tears quickly. I could already feel my puffed up eyes from doing all that sobbing. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent more sobs coming out of my mouth. Footsteps became closer from behind me as I stood there frozen, my heart completely broken.

"What are you doing here alone, you loner?" I could tell who it was. Him.

A soft whimper unintentionally came out of my mouth, more tears rolling down my cheeks. Jeongin paused for a moment.

"Are you- are you crying? What about? Did your first love reject you?" He laughed.

I could feel my blood boiling up, listening to him talk without a clue. I tried my best to keep my anger in, but what he just said snapped the last straw.

"Stop crying like a baby. You're 18, of course you'd get rejected! You're pretty pathetic," he chuckled.

I have had it with this boy.

I stood up, turning to face him. I gave him a cold piercing gaze, my face burning up from anger. My fists were bawled. He gave me a surprised expression, his stupid and clueless dark brown eyes widened.

"You're such a jerk..." I whispered. "I knew you were a stuck up jerk, but I never knew you could be this bad. I hate you so much, Yang Jeongin." I spat out.

I gave him one last cold stare and ran upstairs to my room, slamming the door in anger.

I don't know how I'm going to survive in this household.

yang jeongin

I watched as Y/N stomped away upstairs, with her bloodshot puffy eyes. I shrug and notice that there was photos on the table, so I got closer to the table and studied them.

They were photos of Y/N and her father when she was a little child.

I stood there, completely dumbfounded that I just called her pathetic, thinking that she got rejected but she was really hurting over her father. My mother had told me the news... that he passed away. My eyes widened, feeling absolutely horrible for the first time ever. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, guilt, and regret. I felt ashamed with myself.. also disappointed.

I have just been a big jerk to her.

She didn't deserve that, no matter how mean or annoying she is or how much I hate her. Y/N didn't deserve that. I need to apologize to her quickly, before she plans a murder on me. I scratched the back of my head and put the photos back into the little box she took them out of, closing the box with the lid. I grabbed the box and quietly walked upstairs, nervous to knock on her door and apologize.

I can't believe I'm about to apologize to the one and only person I dislike.. but again, she didn't deserve it. Especially since I recklessly just have been mean to her without having a clue she was really crying over her father.

I gulped, slowly and quietly opening her door. I found her on her bed; she was staring outside the big window. I could hear her soft whimpers and sniffles; as annoying as her cries are, I couldn't feel any hatred. Just pure guilt and regret.

"Y/N.." I shakily whispered, getting closer to her.

"I brought back your photos.. I just wanted to say I'm sorr-"

"Get out." She interrupted.

"Y/N, I didn't know, I shouldn't have said anything without knowing-"

"GET OUT." She raised her voice.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

I placed the box on her bed and walked out, closing her door gently. I took a deep breath and walked into my room, closing the door, and sat on my bed in despair. I scratched the back of my head again; unsure of how to feel. As much as I dislike Y/N.. I wanted to make it up to her somehow. But I'm not sure how, I'm 99.9% sure she hates me 100x more now. I decided to call up Felix; since they're practically bestfriends. Probably secretly dating, who knows? Whatever. I don't care.

I dialed his number, and after a few long seconds, he picked up. I took a deep breath in relief, my breathing still a little shaky.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Hyung... I think I just messed up." I sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"I was being a jerk to Y/N. I got home just 5 minutes ago and found her crying at the table and I didn't know why, I thought she was crying over a boyfriend or something. So I made some jokes but she was crying over her father. I feel horrible." I explained.

"I don't know what to do, hyung! I tried apologizing but she raised her voice at me. I want to make it up to her, tell me what to do since you know her best." I miserably added.

"You idiot." He sighed deeply.

"Just give her space. Although I think you just made her hate you even more..." He suggested.

"I know that!" I groan.

"So just give her space?" I ask, nervous, fiddling with my thumbs.

"Yes. And that means don't mess with her, don't play jokes on her, don't tease her, just don't straight up talk to her." He replied.

"Okay.." I hesitantly mumbled.

"I got to go. Bye." He said and hung up.

Well.. it's the wrong time to say this but.. it's going to be hard leaving her alone. I'm used to teasing her all the time. This was all new to me, she never got that mad at me before.

I know what you're probably thinking- since I'm trying to make it up to her, you must think I don't hate her anymore, or that I even have feelings for her. No, no, no. I don't. It was just a sensitive topic and I'd be mad too if she did the same thing to me. Which I know she wouldn't do.

So Susan, no, this doesn't mean I'm going to try to get along with her. Don't start on your "So this means you'll be friends with her?"- No. Just no. Shut up Susan.

It would be impossible anyways, considering the fact that we're kind of different from eachother.

What I'm most worried about though, is that she might actually plan a murder.