4

yang jeongin

It was the next day; I took my time getting ready for school since I woke up earlier than usual. The only reason why I woke up ten minutes before my alarm would go off is because I had a horrific nightmare about Y/N and I getting married- it creeped me out. I'm scarred for life, now.

I just remembered about the incident between us yesterday.. and that I promised myself I would leave Y/N alone until she could speak to me again. Not speak to me in like a friend way, but not try to murder me. Even if we did talk, I told myself to be extra nice to her.

Now that I think about it.. we were the best of friends when we were 5. And then everything just went downhill. I remember the reason being because I had found a new friend: and basically replaced Y/N. Well... that's how she felt, according to her 6 year old self. I mean, I don't know why it was such a big deal- maybe it was because I promised her I wouldn't find another bestfriend. Sadly though, her replacement moved away and I haven't seen her since. I tried to apologize to Y/N up until we turned 8, but I just gave up since there was no point.

Y/N was stubborn, and still is. One thing I've learned about her is that once you make one mistake, even if it's a tiny one, she will never forgive you. Especially if it's a mistake that risked your friendship/relationship.

Which is probably why we're enemies now.

I also had just realized that today was the first day of school for Y/N: unfortunately my school enrolled her in too quickly than I thought. Now this means I'll have to see her even more than when I see her in this house, which is bad. But then again, I still have to act positive towards her. Which kills me slowly.

I wore my backpack over my shoulders, grabbing my phone. I walked out of my room, to see Y/N just coming out of her room too. I glanced at her with guilt, and she looked back at me, but with anger. I have to admit, she's kind of scary when she's mad. I opened my mouth to say something, but I felt a strange lump in my throat.

"Goodmorning." I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Goodnight." She bluntly replied, walking past me and downstairs without saying anything else.

I took a deep breath, shaking my head, trying to concentrate. Usually if she gave me an attitude I'd give one back, but not in this situation. Man, this is harder than I thought.

I walked downstairs as well, to see our moms at the kitchen table talking, as usual. I gave them a warm smile as a way of saying 'Goodmorning' since there was still that lump in my throat.

"Since it's Y/N's first day.. please show her around and take care of her until she gets the hang of it!" Her mom requested of me.

"Of course, Ms. Kwon!" I let out a fake chuckle.

"What a nice boy. Y/N, you should consider dating him!" She exclaimed.

"No thanks." Y/N simply blurted out.

"Yeah.. we're simply just friends!" I forcefully laughed joyfully.

"That's a bummer." My mom added.

"It sure is. Have fun on your first day, Y/N." My mom said, smiling at her.

She smiles more at Y/N than she does at her own son.

"Bye." Y/N breathed out.