12

kwon y/n.

It was late afternoon, and I was in the living room on the couch watching TV shows on Netflix by myself. I literally set up my own movie theater: I have popcorn, candy, blankets, etc. Our moms still weren't home, I figured that they probably went shopping the whole day.

I was engrossed into the show Supernatural, but I can hear footsteps coming from upstairs going downstairs. I didn't mind it since I knew it was Jeongin probably passing by to get water or snacks, so my eyes were still fixed on the screen.

"Y/N. Where is all of the candy?" Jeongin said from the kitchen.

I turned my head in his direction and glanced at him, he was looking through the cupboards. I had taken all of the boxes of candy to myself, which is why he couldn't find any.

"Here with me." I replied.

He stared at me and walked over, leaning over the couch arm. He glanced at all of the candy that I had taken and then sighed deeply.

"Sorry, I had to satisfy my cravings" I snickered.

Unexpectedly he took a seat next to me, grabbing his own blanket. He leaned against the couch and looked at the screen.

"My gosh, why is it always Supernatural?" He groaned.

"Because they're all hot!" I argued.

"You don't call dudes hot in front of a dude." He chuckled.

"Oh right. I forgot you were a guy." I sarcastically said.

"You're mean." He pouted.

I felt the butterflies again: without me wanting to feel them. It's weird.. anything he does make me want to fall for him. My heart wants to have feelings for him again, but my mind says no. Because 1, I'm not sure I can trust him again. And 2, it would probably be one sided.

I cleared my throat and giggled, patting his head. He smacked my hand away and glared at me.

"Don't pat me like a dog." He said lowly.

"I apologize." I reply.

"You better." He gave me a small smile.

He grabbed the remote and paused the episode, then looking back at me.

"Why didn't you come to school today?" He asked me.

"Just because." I simply answered.

"Because...? I'm looking for a good explanation."

"Didn't feel good." I lied.

"I know you're lying to me. Even though we're enemies now, we used to be bestfriends. I know when you lie." He chuckled lowly.

"I was already late to school, there was no point in coming." I sighed.

"Oh yeah. That was my fault.. sorry. I'll make it up to you." He looked at me.

We locked eyes: for what felt like days. I almost got lost in them, but it would be weird staring at him like that. Also because it would basically mean I'm falling into a trap.

I snapped out of it, and cleared my throat. He still stared into my eyes, as I uncomfortably and awkwardly sat there, not knowing what to do.

"How would you make it up to me?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Hmm.. I'll take you out to the movies."

I snickered.

"It would basically be a date then, wouldn't it?" I boldly and accidentally said.

Oh my fucking gosh, I probably sounded so cocky and confident.

He turned a bright pink, struggling to speak. I bit the inside of my mouth to prevent me from saying other stupid shit.

"F-Friend date." He stuttered.

"But we're not friends, are we?" I glanced at him.

"No, of course not! We can pretend we're... Friends." He stammered.

"But then what's the point of even going if we're not friends, but it's a friend date?" I teased him.

"Y/N, stop!" He whined.

"I'm kidding." I smiled.

"Then nevermind about the movies with you and I. I'll convince Felix to go with you." He replied.

"He doesn't even need convincing. He'd probably love to go with you." He gave me a smirk.

Is he hinting at something I'm not quite understanding?

"What?" I furrowed an eyebrow at him.

"For Pete's sake.. that hyung likes you!!" He exclaimed.

I looked at Jeongin in disbelief: this was news to my ears. I scoffed, trying not to believe it.

"You're lying."

"I'm not. He really likes you. Do you like him or not?" He asked me.

"No.." I answered quickly.

"Oh." His voice got quieter.

Now I feel bad.

"Why not? He's good looking, nice, defends you, and more! You guys should just date."

"I don't like him that way." I shook my head slowly.

"Well that just sucks." He sighed.

"Why not though? Do you have someone else you're seeing?" He questioned.

Yes, you. But it's one sided and I know I'm making a big mistake. Although I want to hate you, I like you at the same time. I've already fallen into your trap.

"No." I blatantly lied.

"Then why don't you like Felix???!!" He raised his voice in shock.

"He's been my bestfriend forever and I can never see him more than that." I sighed contentedly.

"Jeongin.. I have a small feeling we can be friends." I said in a quiet/flat voice.

He paused, not saying anything. We locked eyes again, the whole living room silent. After a few minutes, he finally spoke up.

"Me too." He whispered.