nine

You often wonder what you did to get to certain places in life. You also wonder why you chose them things. For example, why did I choose to fall in love with a man that had no care for me? Because that choice led me to where I am now. Why did I choose to suddenly become obsessed with the idea of him again? I don't know. I suppose you could look at the bright side of things; Annabel for example. I could go on forever about how she allowed me to love someone again or how she gave me nothing but joy but I won't. Any mother is bound to feel that way about their child. I squeezed her tight in my arms while she slept.

The cool air blew over my naked arms. I couldn't seem to sleep lately and sleeping in my old bedroom with Jordan and Annabel with Harry next door wasn't any help. It was twenty past two in the morning and Annabel was wrapped in my arms while I had my back to Jordan, who took it upon himself to get in beside me and act all loved up.

After finally giving up on any sleep I decided to get up and go for a drive or something. Anything. I was painfully bored.

My arms came out from under my daughter ever so slowly and once I was freed from under her I climbed over Jordan's body- well, tried to. His hand gripped my ankle firmly when I tried to lift my leg over and I squealed.

"Where are you going?" He asked me, eyes still shut and voice groggy.

"Getting a drink," I told him, smacking his hand away.

He nodded and I continued out of the room. I searched for the car keys after putting sneakers on but I couldn't find them for the life of me and I wasn't about to ask Jordan. The quiet chatter from the kitchen surprised me. Who on earth was still up and talking at this time?

I walked down the hallway and opened the kitchen door. I was surprised, to say the least. My parents, Alfie and a few others sat around the table. Some still drinking and some just chatting. Anne was drinking with my mother and Robin was talking to Dad, it wasn't until I closed the door after me that they noticed my presence. I smiled slightly.

"What are you all doing up?" I laughed quietly. They were obviously very drunk. I decided to take a seat, eyeballing Anne. She looked wasted.

"Mae!" Mum gasped. She was wasted too. I rose my brows.

"You're not supposed to be here," She laughed. I couldn't help but smile, asking why.

"You won't like it.." She giggled. Anne joined her. I was very confused but went along with it, explaining I couldn't sleep until they gave in and let me stay down with them. I felt like a little kid again.

I sipped on the Gin & Tonic with them sheepishly, not sure why I was even drinking. It's been a while since I've drank. Next thing I knew, I was eight glasses deep in gin and quite drunk.

"Where's Annabel, darlin'?" My dad asked.

"In bed asleep with Jordan, why?" I asked him.

"I just miss her." He laughed.

I adored the bond he had with her. It reminds me of the relationship I have with him and at least I know that she has an amazing male role model there for her. If she doesn't have Harry, she has him.  "Speaking of Harry, where is that little bitch?" I asked everyone.

Everyone's eyes snapped to meet my own and I laughed. "Sorry, did I say that out loud?." The only one who thought this was funny was Alfie. I smiled at him, "Thanks for the support brotha."

I attempted to flip my hair back but I only pushed it into my face. I spat the hair out of my mouth, about to speak but I was cut off. "He's not a little bitch," Anne told me, not very impressed. I rolled my eyes.