fourteen

I slammed my head against my desk a few times. It was the umpteenth time Jordan has tried to call me since our fight yesterday and I don't think he got the message that I was ignoring him. He didn't come home like I asked, I don't know where he went and I don't really care.

The kids were sleeping peacefully and as for Harry, he brushed yesterday off and was back annoying me like usual.

My cover assistant walked over to me with a shocked expression. "Mae why are you hitting your head against the desk?" She asked.

Oh sweet, young Emeline. I sighed out and shrugged. "I'm under a lot of stress. My life is crazy right now." I told her.

She pulled a chair up to me, sitting beside me. "Oooh, spill the beans." She pushed, a little too excited to understand why.

"Well." I begun, watching her strangely. "Fuck it, you won't talk." I mumbled.

"So, my ex is back in my life after four years. The same ex that is actually my daughters father but he doesn't know, most people think my boyfriend is her father but now he knows he's not and I'm scared he'll find out he's Annabel's dad but he's also really dumb so I don't think he will," I told her.

She nodded, taking it all in.

"I'm also fighting with my current boyfriend who I don't really love anymore. Well, I kinda do, but not as much as I should after three years. I was more in love with Harry in the space of seven months than I am with Jordan."

Emeline only nodded, trying to keep up with my drama. I must admit, it was kind of nice telling somebody all of this.

"To top it all off, my ex lives next door to me again and his kid is in my class. There's literally no escaping."

Her eyes widened. "Oh my god!" She laughed, "you fucked Noah's dad?" She asked me eagerly.

"Ah shit, no. I mean yeah but no- don't tell anyone." I warned her.

She nodded, leaning into me. "So he's Annabel's dad?" She's asked. I nodded, sighing out.

"Let me get this straight- I, you..ok. Annabel has a perfectly good dad, and you make her put up with Jordan? Who by the way, I've met before - total asshole but also a total babe." She rambled.

"Annabel is Noah's sister, but no one knows except you?" She confirmed.

"Well shit don't say it like that, Emeline." I cried out.

She raised her hands in defense. "You white people are so damn weird." She mumbled. "Shit, I wouldn't even mind but he's one fine piece of ass - Harry, I mean." She told me.

"He cheated on me the whole relationship." I stopped her.

"Oh..damn." She said lowly.

I stared at the kids sleeping bodies on the mats as she tapped her foot on the floor. "So you're keeping it from Harry?" She asked me.

I nodded quickly. "Oh god, yeah. I don't know what I'd do- or what he would do if he found out."

She exhaled loudly. "Damn white people."

"Mmm shït this is so good." Emeline said.

We were both on our break and I decided to take her to the coffee shop. Even though only seventeen, she was wise for her age and I was currently taking all the advice I could get.

She continued to devour the custard donut as I drank my coffee, "oh look, look, there he is." I told her. She snapped her head in the direction I as pointing at.

"Damn he's fine." She whispered. We both watched Harry walk down the street from his Hotel, towards the coffee shop. We had it all planned out.

He approached us as he spoke on the phone, hanging up as he neared us. "Should I be worried that my child is probably alone right now?" He asked us.

"You know there's other teachers there- right?" I asked him.

"Duh, can you take a joke?" He asked, taking a seat beside us. Emeline shifted in her seat and put her hands together as if praying to god.

"Emeline." Harry acknowledged. She wiggled her brow, "Mr. Styles."

Harry shot me a look and then looked down at my cup. "I thought you didn't like coffee?"

I twirled the spoon in my cup as I shrugged. "Four years ago I didn't."

"How do your taste buds change in four years?" He asked me.

"Why are you even sitting with us?" I retorted.

He leaned back in his seat and whistled lowly. "Always nice to see you, Maelyn."

"I actually wanted to ask you something," he began. "Why won't you let Aria and I watch Annabel while you're away?" He asked me.

Oh great, back to this.

"I don't trust you." I told him bluntly.

"Damn straight out widdit." Emeline remarked.

"Why?" He pressed.

"Maybe because while we were in a serious relationship you had a whole other life with another woman." I reminded him.

"Touché." He muttered.

"Mhm, that's right. Be ashamed." Emeline told him. I smiled at her, thankful for her presence right now.

"How do you know?" Harry asked her.

"Oh, I know everything. Everythingggg." She warned him, motioning she was watching him while Harry stared at her confused.

"Righty well, I'm off. I have a real business to run." He told us.

"Oh wait, Harry-" I called.

He turned to me with hopeful eyes.

I smiled and gave him the finger.