Epilogue

You would think that distance would make the heart grow fonder but right now I was enjoying every last second of alone time I was getting.

Annabel, now fourteen, was off to a sleepover and by miracle, Harry had a business trip. I didn't get alone time often but when I did, I enjoyed every second of it.

I sighed as I lowered myself further into the bath and let the alarmingly hot water engulf me. I was immediately relaxed and i almost fell asleep until my ringtone disturbed my peace.

"Hello!" I chimed, pressing loudspeaker as I set it back down on the floor.

"Hey, wifey." Harry spoke. I fought a small smile and rolled my eyes.

"What's up?" I asked him, reaching for the bath salts. Not what you think.

"I have news." He announced. I just hummed in response, probably about his business trip.

"So, I know you like your baths and your alone time." He sneered. I froze and stopped lathering the soap into my skin for a moment.

"How'd you know I was in the bath?" I asked him. I looked around the place, making sure he wasn't hiding somewhere to pop up.

"I'm downstairs." He admitted sheepishly, I heard footsteps on the stairs and then alas, my grinning husband poked his head through the door.

I groaned and he hung up the phone. "The meeting was cancelled. And I have really good news" He smiled. He sat down on the edge of the bath and I felt my stomach twist in excitement, I also had news for him.

"So, Dreary likes the idea of my pitch but he thinks that maybe I should wait a while." He babbled on. I was so in depth thought about how I was delivering my own news that I hadn't a clue what Harry was talking about.

He babbled on about his ideas for the duration of my bath and I eventually got out and we continued the discussion in the bedroom.

"So maybe, the new bar can be beside the gentleman's club, then the rent is cheaper if I already own that street. And you can manage them both and transfer from Sutton management or would you rather manage the hotel?" He asked.

"Maybe the hotel Harry, I don't wanna be doing anything in a bar or a club, especially a gentlemen's one." I rose a brow at him and he shrugged.

"It's not that bad, and actually I think your input would really vamp it all up." He suggested.

I nodded, "Sure....but," I crawled across the bed, Harry stood at the edge of the other side and I kneeled up and placed a hand on his his shoulders. I probably looked batshit crazy as I stared up at him with a wide grin.

"I don't want to be around that while I'm carrying your baby." I announced. You'd swear I just slapped him in the face.

I squeezed his shoulders excitedly and stood up, towering over him as I stood on the mattress. "Harry I'm pregnant!" I beamed.

"Are you serious?" He grinned. After three years of trying and even trials of IVF, we were finally pregnant. I saw a light in his eyes that I've never seen before and laughed as he wrapped his arms around my thighs and spun me around.

We both fell to the bed soon after and he excitedly felt my stomach. "How far along?" He asked curiously, feeling for a bump.

"Three months." I grinned. I stood up and pulled my shirt up, pointing out the smallest bump ever. It really just looked like I had too much to eat tonight but it was there, our baby. Baby number two.

He stared in amazement and I winced as his cold fingers grazed my stomach softly and in awe. "I didn't want to tell you too soon in case..you know." I motioned. We've had a long past with miscarriages and false alarms. I wanted to pass the twelve week mark before saying anything because I just couldn't watch his heart break any more.

"Oh my god," he gasped. "It's actually real." He gushed. I melted into his hold and peppered his sweet face with kisses and he returned the favor. We discussed appointments and I showed him all the tests I had taken weeks ago and even an ultrasound I had last week.

We spent the rest of the night discussing birthing plans, nursery ideas, baby names, everything. We were so excited, Harry was so amazed and I was in awe. Forever was starting to happen, our family was growing and all I knew was that I was fucking excited for it.

"Maelynn rose," Harry repeated my name and I stared at him like he was crazy.

"Harry Styles," I mocked him as I rose a brow and bit down on my lip as he checked me out casually.

"God, I love you."

_________________________

THANK YOU!!!
Mae and Harry's story has ended, and it's crazy. I began this story nearly two and a bit years ago and to finish it is so crazy. Is it amazing? Not close but I enjoyed writing this so much. I hope you enjoyed reading, whoever you are.

I hope you take lessons from this, especially the first book. Both characters were hugely flawed and I was tired of reading stories about perfect people with perfect personalities because that isn't real.

Maelynn was obsessive, childish, insecure and selfish at times but she developed into something bigger than herself after Annabel. She controlled Harry and obsessed over his love, she learned to detach herself for awhile and she needed that to discover what really mattered. She matured and as a character, I really enjoyed her development.

Harry was self absorbed and often hurt those around him, he lied and cheated but I feel like in the second book he really turned around. Yes he could have been there more for Mae and perhaps he's the reason she was so jealous and insecure at times but when it all mattered he gave her his sole attention as well as the kids.

Noah's death was important to show that life cannot be smooth sailing. Life is short, shit happens and like they mentioned, it goes on. I lost someone close to me while writing this book and it inspired me to remind everyone to be grateful for what they have and who they love.

I really hope you enjoyed this work. I wish I could have written and executed the idea better but it all takes practice.

So many hugs and so much love if you've read this far and supported the book.

-k.