fifty one

When morning had rolled around, the sounds of laughter disrupted Harry's sleep, who decided to disrupt mine. My shoulder was gripped lightly and shaken a few times before I eventually opened up my eyes.

"Harry, no." I groaned. I rolled over in the bed, pulling the soft sheets with me to leave him in the cold. The curtains allowed every drop of sunrise to paint the room in a beautiful shade of orange that I couldn't ignore and I sighed as I realized I was up for good now.

Harry spoke aloud, probably to me, but I was busy on my phone checking notifications as my mind raced back to last night. I feel as though I should be more scared, but I'm not. Maybe it's because I have Harry around.

"Mae, hello?" A voice echoed. I turned and looked at Harry, standing with his boxers on and a phone in his hands as he typed.  I hummed in response and began to sit up.

"Aria is coming to collect Noah at twelve." He mumbled. I forgot it was her turn this weekend and sighed loud enough for Harry to hear. My feet met the cold wooden floor and I scrunched my face while pulling sweatpants onto me.

Harry was no longer phased by my nakedness as I padded across the room to the closet topless and put one of his t-shirts on. He ran a hand through his locks and announced he was going to shower and I headed down the stairs.

My heart hurt for him, I couldn't imagine how hard it could be to have your child taken away for days, even weeks. I couldn't last more than a night without Annabel.

"Morning," El chirped. I was surprised she was still here, but grateful once I saw the breakfast she was whipping up.

Noah and Ana sat at the table in anticipation and I smiled to them both. If you didn't know, you would think they were twins. They had all of Harry's main facial features and the same dark brown hair. They were adorable.

"Mum, Noah said dad was crying last night." Ana greeted me. Pleasant. "Why?"

I furrowed my brows and looked to Noah, "when?"

He shrugged his little shoulders and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "A few hours ago. He woke me up with his shouting, you too." He grumbled. I pressed my lips together and basked in the awkward silence that followed before Harry entered the kitchen.

"There's no hot water," he grumbled. Like father, like son. He took a seat opposite me and beside Noah. They were also like twins. Actually no, they were all like triplets. I was the odd one out.

"Your mum is coming for you in a few hours." Harry told him and Noah's face fell quickly. Everyone's did. I watched Anas smile falter as she distracted herself with the fork in her hand and I immediately felt sad too. She really loved him.

"But hey, you're back in two days this time!" I reminded him. "So it won't be for long." I smiled. He tried to smile back, even added a little head nod but anyone could tell he was still upset.

"Well, eat up, Styles," El announced, placing a plate of eggs and bacon on the table. "Cause you're driving me home in an hour."

Harry rolled his eyes and I stifled a laugh. Digging into our breakfasts, I realized how lucky I truly was.

While Harry drove El home, I helped Noah pack his bags for awhile as we chatted about life. He left most things here, which he considered his actual home and I ended up only packing him fresh clothes and pjs, with his tablet and charger.

"Now baby, you're all done." I smiled. He swung his legs off his bed and Ana sat against the wall watching YouTube tutorials on the iPad.

"Mae?" Noah called.