Twenty six

"Mummy....mummy...wake up." A little voice sounded in my ear.

I opened my sore eyes and rubbed them softly before a heavy weight like feeling dropped on my chest. It was all a dream.

I looked around and saw I had fallen asleep on the couch with Annabel while telling her the story of how I met her dad and for some odd reason, I was actually very disappointed that it was a dream.

I mean, it would explain a lot like how aria showed up pregnant and crazy and you know, Harry actually wanting a relationship with me again. But it was so vivid, it was like that dream I had of him years ago when we got sexual.

Annabel played with my hair in her fingers and hummed quietly, "are you still sick?" She asked me.

"I'm feeling better. Still have a bad headache though." I whispered, and her mouth formed an 'o' shape as she put a finger to her lips.

"I'll be quiet." She said.

I smiled and peeled the duvet off of us, shivering when the cold winter air brushed up on my bare legs. This room was freezing.

Pulling the curtains open, realizing it was morning, I began to question how long I actually fell asleep for and if Ana got any sleep at all but a loud and persistent knock frightened us both.

I tightened my robe around my waist and pulled the heavy door open, eyeing up the tall man in front of me. His eyes were intruding, almost like he was judging me. He wore an expensive looking black suit and held a clipboard and box in his large hands.

"Ms. Fletcher?" He asked me. His voice was so deep it concerned me.  His eyes looked me up and down and I was hesitant to confirm my identity but I nodded, putting a protective hand on Ana's shoulder as she peeked from behind me.

He handed me a small black leather box with a gold ribbon wrapped around it. Again, I was hesitant but I took it from him and he disappeared down the hallway.

"Huh," I mumbled, letting the door close as we walked to the couch. We plopped down beside each other and I began to untie the bow eagerly.

The box was about as big as my hand and when I tried to shake it, all I could hear was metal clinking.

"Keys?" Ana asked me, looking from the keys in my hand to my face for an answer but I was frozen. I clutched the keys tight and picked up the note inside of it.

•'I thought you'd need a car so I didn't have to drive you two everywhere anymore.

Merry Christmas girls,

Harry and Noah.' •

"Holy crap!" I yelled, tossing the note to the floor. I inspected the keys to see the Porsche logo on it and I whimpered. Did this bitch really buy us a Porsche?

I grabbed Ana's hand. "We got a car!" I yelled excitedly. "We got a car!!" Ana jumped up and down with me on the couch.

I knew Harry had a lot of money, and I mean a lot, but I never would have thought that he'd spend any of it on me. And out of his own free will. I suddenly felt really bad for only getting him socks and a framed photo of him with Ana and Noah, but I mean, I was so broke.

Leaving Jordan left me with nothing, literally. He sold my business and the house, took the cars and moved and I haven't spoken to him since.