twelve

"Wow, you're shit at this." Jordan teased me.

"Language.." I warned him. I eyed Annabel in the corner, curiously watching us move the furniture around our living room.

He rolled his eyes. "Shut up, she doesn't even know what it means." He told me.

"She fucking does- oh shit, sorry- wait, fuc-" I rambled.

Jordan snickered as Annabel giggled. I smiled sheepishly at her as she went back to coloring.

We were currently moving house- again. I wasn't lying when I said Jordan was into real estate. I also didn't have a say as he just told me what to do anyways.

It was a five minute drive longer to work but the house was amazing. It was a five bedroom house with a yard as big as a farm. It was like a mansion.

I cocked my head to the side and stepped backwards, examine the placement of our couch. I have a thumbs up to Jordan, "perfect."

He sighed out and fanned out his shirt. "I hate summer. It's too warm." He angrily muttered. I made a face at Annabel, mocking his grumpiness and she giggles.

Jordan and I were at a strange stage of the relationship. He still treated me like shit but after I confronted him about trying to drug me, he confessed he lost his connection with me and wanted to, in his words, "motivate me into a sexual and emotional relationship again with some help,"

I was fucking lost. He was really chancing his arm here, but I felt bad for him. He has been under so much stress the last year and a half from his job that I actually ended up forgiving him and we started fresh..no more arguments.

He was holding up well so far, except for a few outbursts, but I was happy.

I lifted Ana from the floor and let her sit on my hip as I walked to the door, "wanna see the yard, babes?" I asked her. She nodded eagerly and I happily skip-walked to the back doors.

As I stepped outside she began to squirm in my arms to get down and I let her down, laughing as she squealed in happiness while clapping her hands. "Woaaah," she cheered.

"I even have a pool." She smiled, looking from the pool then to me. I nodded and then I let her run around and watched her play freely.

"Howdy neighbor," a low voice sneered. I turned my head, jaw dropping at the sight.

Harry fucking styles stood with his hedge clippers, up on a ladder on the other side of the fence. This bitch was really following me everywhere.

"What the fuck?" I asked. I looked around, waiting for someone to jump out and tell me it was a prank but nothing happened.

"So you're the new tenants?" He asks, so casually as he snips his bush.

I shook my head, "Harry please tell me you are not my fucking neighbor again." I carefully asked.

"Oh no, I'm just visiting, thought I'd want to say hello through a fen- fucking obviously I am you twat!" He grunted.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening." I repeated to myself, sitting down on the grass.

As I zoned out, I could hear the clipping of Harry's hedge trimmers gradually fade into the background.

"Why does this shit keep happening to me." I asked aloud.

"I mean, technically you did this. I didn't follow you here." He carelessly hummed. I glared at him and walked to the fence that separated us. I hadn't even seen him since the night he told me about Jordan.

"I was stuck with you back then, fine. Im stuck with you at work- cool. But now I have to come home to you?" I rasped, on the verge of having a mental breakdown.

Harry was about to reply when his eyes went wide as he suddenly looked behind me and tossed the hedge trimmers over his shoulder. It was like watching a ninja in slow motion. His arms gripped the fence and he hopped over, immediately darting to the back of my garden.

"What are yo- oh my god." I cried out. I watched Harry's legs run towards the pool where Annabel was flailing around.

I sprinted after him, both of us jumping in to get her. My vision was blurred when I hit the water but I stretched out my arms to hold onto her. I felt her little hand grip my arm and when I resurfaced for air I saw Harry had her in his arms now.

Everything happened so quick I wasn't even sure if it was real. I could even speak I just watched in silence as Harry carried my daughter onto the grass, both soaking wet.

I think I was in shock.

No yeah, I was in shock.

"Mae get the fuck up here," Harry screamed at me.

My heart thumped against my chest as I swam to the edge and lifted myself out, kneeling beside Annabel. She was coughing furiously and couldn't keep her eyes open.

"I'm here my girl, I'm here." I sobbed. I lifted her into my arms and rocked her slowly as the coughing slowed down a little. The three of us sat in worried silence for at least five minutes before I spoke.

I stood up to my feet with her in my arms, Harry joined me. As much as I hated him and what he stood for, he just saved my daughters life.

"Is she okay?" He warily asked. I looked from his bloodshot eyes- from the chlorine, to Annabel who was still sobbing in my arms. I nodded and pulled Harry into a hug with Ana in the middle. "Thank you so much." I praised him.

It was strange at first. I was usually yelling at him or ignoring him, but he felt so comforting as he gently rubbed my back and held me close. He looked between us down at Annabel and laughed a little.

"What the fuck even just happened," he mumbled.

I laughed too through my tears, even though it was the most unfunny situation.

an//

Y'all idk either I just needed some drama I was bored

How is everyone enjoying the story so far, if you are?

Is there anything you want to see happen? Let me know!

Much looooveeee

E