forty eight

It was the next day, and usually on a Saturday I would be waking up to go to work but Harry had suddenly decided we needed a family day out. I mean, I was glad I wasn't working, but sometimes I felt that I didn't work at all anymore. I was always paid for a 40 hour week, with a hefty twenty pounds an hour so yeah, I was feeling a little guilty.

That being said, there was nothing stopping me from going, Harry just enjoyed spending time when we were all together. I let him enjoy it, soon enough he'll realize we can't live in a bubble of happiness with the kids and just disappear, but I'll leave that to him to figure out.

I was changing into a pair of black leggings and a long white turtle neck sweater, pretty white girl basic if you ask me but my options were limited when I tried to find clothes in Harry's house.

He stripped and quickly changed into a black sweater and black skinny jeans. I enjoyed Harry being dressed up in a suit but I loved seeing him dressed down and more casual.

"I'm gonna have to go home tonight," I told him, pulling on my boots. I sat at the edge of his large bed as he tried to make it and I heard a little sigh. Turning my head, he was fluffing his pillows.

"Already?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and finished tying my laces before standing up. "Yup. I have no clothes and neither does Annabel. Also, she thinks she lives here now." I laughed.

"She can if she wants," He said with hopeful eyes.

"Come back to me when you've raised her alone for four years, then you can have her live with you." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag.

Harry only shook his head with a laugh, mocking my words as he moved along. "Mae, you intrigue me." He finished up. I walked behind him down the stairs, brows scrunched together.

When we reached the bottom, our legs were attacked by tiny hands and arms. "Fuck!" I yelled, feeling a hand karate chop behind my knee, making me fall over as the three of them watched in amusement.

"Stop cursing," Harry scolded me. He put a hand out for me but I declined and got myself up, giving him the finger.

"Where we going?" Ana asked Harry. She had on light denim jeans and a cute orange sweater that complimented her beautifully tanned skin. Her brown curls were tied up into a ponytail, courtesy of moi, and her feet were dressed in her infamous white converse.

Noah looked just as cute. He had on black skinny jeans, like Harry's, and a royal blue hoodie which he had pulled over his head. Damn we made cute kids.

"I was thinking maybe laser tag and food?" Harry suggested, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Up to you guys."

"Yes!" They both cheered and rushed off to get their coats. I pulled mine onto me and so did Harry, who was typing away on his phone rather fast.

"Who you talking to?" I asked him. I applied some chapstick in a mirror and watched his reflection turn his back on me. Now I was curious.

"Nobody, just work." He mumbled. He slid the phone into his pocket and turned to face me, catching me off guard by pulling me in. The smell of his cologne lingered for a few seconds in the silence.

"Are you just gonna stare at me like a creep or.." I trailed off. I'm sure other girls loved when guys were all mysterious and sexy but I cringed at shit like that sometimes.

"You look pretty today." He simply told me. I smiled and thanked him, feeling them flutters return before the kids ran down to us.

"Gross," Noah commented. I laughed and pulled away from Harry's arms. He reluctantly let me go and grabbed the car keys. "Let's go, mi familia."

___________

"Oh my god," Ana groaned. She pat her stomach in the back of the car and I did the same. We filled ourselves up with junk food and fast food and we were all truly in a food coma.

Harry was driving us home after our long day out. It was actually a pretty fun day, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't doubt Harry's laser tag choice. But it was fun.

We were heading home- well, Harry was dropping Ana and I home. He really didn't want to and honestly, I didn't want to either but remember that thing I said about space, yeah. Space is good.

"I'll see you tomorrow daddy!" Annabel told him. I helped her out of the car and Harry soon appeared beside us, crouching down to her height.

"See you tomorrow, angel." He told her. The smile on her face could never be wiped when Harry was sweet to her and it truly filled my heart with love.

She squeezed him into a tight hug and he kissed her cheek before she ran off to the doors of the building. He returned back to his normal height and we watched Ana punch in the security code to open the doors, laughing.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked me. I nodded and pulled my handbag over my shoulder. "Maybe, I want to spend some time with Ana. We haven't spent a lot of time together recently."

"Of course," He agreed. "I'll call you." He kissed my lips softly and then headed back to get into the car. Popping my head in, I waved goodbye to Noah and quickly ran over to Ana as we hurried in the door.

"I like when daddy kisses you Mummy." She giggled. I tried to fight my own smile and we walked down the hall to our door. "Why?" I asked her.

I turned the key in the lock and pushed it open as she shrugged. "Because now I know he loves you, and we can all live together soon."

I frowned a little and locked he door after myself. Maybe I needed a chat with her about everything.

Setting my bag on the kitchen counter and telling Ana to get into her pjs I prepared for bed too, except I wasn't going to be getting any sleep knowing Harry and Noah were alone in his house.