nineteen

TWO YEARS LATER

"Ana don't look at me like that!." I exclaimed.

Annabel and I stared down at the dead fox that lay on the road. She eyeballed me viciously and stomped her foot. "I told you to look out!"

"Drop the attitude or you won't be going anywhere with grandpa tonight. You hear me?" I yelled back.

The two of us bickered back and forth for what seemed like hours until Harry decided to step in.

"Girls, girls." He yelled over us. "Get in the car."

We both huffed and trudged back to the car. Noah was fast asleep and Harry was warning us that if we woke him up we'd be dead so we kept our mouths shut until we got to our parents' houses.

It's been a rough two years, let me tell you that. And out of everything that I've gone through, meeting Harry again quite literally saved my ass.

After he divorced Aria and I left Jordan, shit hit the fan. We were called every name under the sun by them when they were the ones having an affair. I was inevitably kicked from the house with Annabel and Harry put us into accommodation at one of his hotels so now Annabel and I kinda just lived there. We don't really talk about it.

Harry was the one who got it bad. He lost half of his money and the house. He was filthy rich though so he was able to buy a new one obviously but the one that hit him the most was his lost custody battle over Noah.

He only got to see Noah at the weekends, and it broke his little heart.

As for Harry and I, we've matured and come to the conclusion that our kids are just too precious to us for us to break their bond. They were like two peas in a pod at their young ages of six and Harry often joked they would get married which grossed me out because.....you know....

Yeah, I still haven't told him.

Trust me, it's been on my mind and over the past two years he and I share a strange bond that I know would break when I told him so I guess I've just been putting it off. I was planning on telling him this week though.

We were up where we grew up, staying at our parents' house for Christmas. A mutual agreement.

And no, I still haven't forgiven Harry completely. He's just like an annoying pet that you hate but also love so I can't and don't want to get rid of him.

"You scared?" Harry asked, his breathing becoming very heavy as we pulled into our old neighborhood.

"Uh..no?" I squinted, wondering what he would even be scared of.

"I haven't seen anyone since the divorce. They're gonna ask so many questions." He muttered.

I picked at my nails with a shrug. "Cool."

He stared down at me from my side until I eventually gave in. "Okay, okay. I'm scared."

He smirked, putting his eyes back onto the road. "Why?"

"Because I'm with you. We're friends- My family still don't understand it and quite frankly, neither do I but that's for another time."

"Your family love me," Harry argued.

"Loved. Loved, sunshine. Before you broke my heart into tin-"

"I get it, I get it." He interrupted me as I laughed.

We pulled into his garden and I looked behind me to my daughter, she was in for one hell of a week.

We all were.

An////

Yooooooo I'm sorry about the time hops lols

This book isn't going to be as long as the first one so if you think it's moving fast, it is compared to the first one cause shit it took like 50 years for Harry and Mae to get together.

Lemme explain a bit cause I'm not the best author rn

I hope to show more of the drama in this book, the love triangles and plot twists that I didn't get a chance to do in book one

This book is about Harry's relationship with Mae rekindling in any way, friends or lovers whichever happens. And him building a relationship with his daughter as Mae tried to battle her inner thoughts about him.

Moral of the story is I know what I'm doing, ❤️

I hope you're enjoying it! It's probably only going to be about 40-45 chapters long if even. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜