SIXTY

two years later

Shit.

I repeatedly cursed in my head as I dabbed away at the smudged lipstick on my dress. I cursed my aunt who decided it would be a good idea to dig her face into my chest for a hug with a full face of makeup.

I was also a little tipsy. My fingers worked away at the stain until I was able to reduce its appearance and also until a loud knock on the door startled me. "Maelynn, it's almost time!" My dad yelled. I yelled that I was coming and I hauled my heavy ass dress out of the door and ran towards the dance floor, gasping as I looked up to the stage to see motherfucking Niall and Louis up there with microphones in hand.

"There she is!" Louis hollered, a bright spotlight searching the crowd until it landed on me. I smiled sheepishly and looked at the circle of smiling guests while they backed away and the familiar striking chords rung through me. I felt goosebumps arise as gentle hands took mine and I stared into the eyes of my husband. Husband. I could really get used to that word. He looked so fucking handsome if I do say so myself and as they announced the first dance and we swayed, I was entranced by his charm.

His dimpled grin had me tingling and I swear he was saying something as his lips moved but I was too deep in a trance. Until his face scrunched up and I snapped out of it.

"Huh?" I asked him over the music. He laughed and asked if I was okay, I only nodded and hooked my arms around the back of his neck as his own gently gripped my waist. "You look amazing." He told me.

I smiled in complete joy and sank into his hold while the tune to 'Isn't she lovely' played and Harry sang into my ear. We were hopeless at dancing and my big ass dress didn't help with that fact so I was glad we were sticking to a casual sway. I was not so happy that I was tipsy and balling my eyes out onto his shoulder while his soft voice rang through my ears. He started to laugh at me and I laughed too and pulled away to look at him.

His fingers pushed the stray hair from my eyes and he licked his lips. "Mine forever." He reminded me. I nodded and kissed him briefly, returning my face to the crook of his neck and I began to block out the crowd cheering around us. I still can't believe we were here.

In my arms right now was the love of my life. I thought back to all the shit we've gone through all these years and our unity and strength only confirmed for me that Harry was my one. My only one. Although both of us were still trying to heal I knew we would be okay with our Annabel, who was currently hyped up on every kind of soft drink available at the bar. I laughed into Harry's shoulder at the thought and whined as the song came to an end. Staring into ole another's eyes I took this moment in.

Life was so fucking short, so short. It was unpredictable and it was messy. Life was also beautiful and crazy and fulfilling. Harry's dazzling green eyes reminded me of that, his soft wrinkles forehead reminded me of our stresses and worries in life but the pure love and happiness that radiated off of us right now set in stone that this was it, this was our life. The good and the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, we were doing it together.

We eventually shook off from the wedding party. Bad, I know, but we were drunk enough to not really care. I fell to the grass with a loud laugh as Harry followed me down with a bottle of wine in hands. We both laughed at each other until I remembered we had to be quiet. I pressed my finger to his lips and he attempted to bite it, and I scolded him and then ushered him to open his legs. I sat in between them and pressed my back to his chest.

"I'm so happy right now," I told him.

"Me too." He sighed out. "I love you."

"Ha, gayy." I teased. I looked up at him and he smirked handsomely, driving me nuts.

"I can't believe we're married, Harry." I cooed, looking down at my diamond ring. "Like, remember when we first met?" I asked him.

"Yeah you climbed onto my roof to stalk me," He cackled. I rolled my eyes and turned to face him. "Yeah but remember how we were- we were so small and innocent."

"Hm, I guess. Remember when I took you that festival and we passed out asleep in my truck?" He laughed. It took me a minute but then I began to remember the very day, very clearly.

"Remember when we went camping and we used those float rings and you thought you were gonna drown?" I teased him.

"Shut up, I could have."

"Remember you fucking went psycho??" I yelled at him suddenly. "You got arrested and everything." I was suddenly mad at him for that. I forgot about that.

"Hey, that was years ago." He defended himself. "And I was a dickhead then."

"Remember our first time?" I asked him cheekily.

"No." He said bluntly. I scoffed and he chuckled, "I'm kidding."

"I'm just glad our paths crossed again." I quietly spoke, grinning.

Suddenly I felt suffocated in sadness as I recalled how we came to meet again.

"Noah shook out and led me to you-" I laughed out, feeling an unbearable weight on my chest as I felt the tears come. "He was so lost coming in, I remember him waltzing I'm not knowing anything and I hadn't a clue where he came from. Little did I know, huh," I sobbed out, wiping the mascara that was running from my face.

Harry attempted to calm me down but I couldn't help myself, I was drunk and sad. Not a good mix. "Harry he was so young," I cried. I slammed my fist against the ground angrily and groaned in pain before Harry grabbed me and held me against him while shushing me. I watched his own tears fall and he weakly smiled. "I know, baby."

"I miss him so much." I finished.

"Me too." He sniffled. "So much."

We sat and held each other for a little longer, a mix of us crying and cracking jokes but I guess that's what this life was about. The good, the bad, the beautiful and the god damn ugly.

THE END.