Fifty Nine

Harry and I were up early. Not because of court, but because Ana had woken us up mid sunrise to let us know she wet the bed. All I could remember was Harry sleepily inviting her into our bed and we all fell back asleep, but not for long.

I yawned as I plait her hair while she babbled on about the birthday party she was going to. I had no energy for it and neither did Harry. I guess we both assumed life was on hold now after what happened but apparently it goes on.

She skipped out and down to her room to eat her dress and I fell back against Harry in defeat. "Harry I can't do this." I told him.

"I can't put on a smile and go to a kids birthday party, you have to bring her." I protested. He rose a brow and sat up. "Why me?" He complained and I was about to argue further when Gemma laughed at us.

"I'll bring her." She told us. I felt a little embarrassed that she was here while Harry and I lay in the bed together but I guess that didn't really matter right now. Harry thanked her endlessly and offered to pay her but she refused.

"All I have to say is guys, you can only opt out for so long. I know it's only been eight months but life is going to go on and Annabel is going to grow, she's going to have more parties and she's going to start high school, have prom, a relationship, marriage..children-"

"Okay, okay!" Harry snapped at her. "What's your point in this?" He furrowed his brows, a little pissed.

Gemma sighed. "H, I didn't mean anything by it. I'm just trying to say that eventually you both have to get on with things for your daughter. She's all you have right now." She smiled sadly and Harry and I remained silent. We both shared a look and I guiltily ran a hand through my hair.

"Oh, Gemma will you stop." Anna protested, now barging in. "Leave them alone, they're exhausted and we're all grieving here." She sat on the bed also. Okay, family meeting in the bedroom. I wasn't surprised when my mother strolled in, Ana following suit and everyone sat on the bed. I adjusted my sweater and sat up as I crossed my legs.

"We're all here to help each other," Anne smiled. "We're all hurting and healing, and if it means taking Ana to a birthday party will help you both today, then consider it done." She finished.

"And were a kickass family and I know Noah loved his family," Gemma laughed. "We're going to remain a kickass family."

"Sí, this is what family is for. My loves you mean everything to us and we are here to help." My mum finished. I don't know how I wasn't in a pool of my own tears at this point. It was just a birthday party, but the message behind it meant the world.

We shared a group hug and then after some tea when we ventured to the couch, they were off, all four of them.

"Mae!" Harry yelled for me from upstairs. He sounded urgent and I found myself sprinting up the stairs until I crashed into him at the top.

"Damn, I just wanted to show you something." He dryly laughed.

He whipped out his phone and pointed the screen at me, my brows furrowed as I looked at Harry and I walking down a street and I looked back at him confused. "What?"

"Someone papped us?" He replied, sounding just as confused. I took the phone and examined the clothes. It must have been taken a few days ago. I cringed at the quality, you could see us very clearly and I grimaced at my face. "Gross, why are we being papped!?" I exclaimed.

I scrolled down to see the article. 'Suspicious styles sports new arm candy'

I scoffed, continuing to read the article.

Mr. Harry Styles was spotted recently with a new woman days before his sons murder trial is to commence. While Mr. Styles' ex-wife grieves, He seems to be enjoying his hot new arm candy