fifty three

The car slowly came to a stop and all three of us eyed the house silently, I was a little nervous of Ana staying overnight in her friends house but mainly because I didn't know the family too well. Harry worked alongside the mother and insisted she was great, so I hesitantly agreed.

I was still in a state of shock from today's events and I think Harry was too, he keeps looking at me to speak but nothing comes out so he ends up laughing nervously. It was cute, and I was secretly looking forward to being alone tonight.

I let Annabel out of the car and grabbed her bag whilst Harry waited in the car, waving his daughter off. She blew him a kiss and ran up the driveway and knocked on the door.

I fumbled with her bag in between my fingers before the door swung open and a girl about Ana's she greeted us in.

"Mum, Annabel is here!" The girl yelled. Olivia, her name was. I heard a clutter of noise from the kitchen and soon a lady walked towards us. She looked very kind and warm, but I didn't recognize her from work. She smiled widely at me and wiped her hands on her apron before extending one to shake mine. I returned the favor.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Elizabeth." She smiled. Her fingers pushed her bangs from her face and I admired how elegantly her blonde locks framed her pretty face, she was extremely good looking. A sudden pang of jealousy hit me once I realized Harry worked with her.

"Harry has my number and I have his in case of an emergency," she told me. Her arms wrapped around both girls and she smiled to Ana. "But no need to worry, we're going to have lots of fun."

I nodded and thanked her before squeezing Ana in a tight hug. I really hated leaving her but I also had to accept she wasn't a baby anymore, in-fact she was turning eight this year. I kissed her cheek, much to her protest and was urged to leave by her.

"I love you, babes." I told her, placing one more kiss on her forehead as my thumb grazed her cheek. She whined and took her bag from me before pushing me towards the door.

"Thanks Elizabeth!" I hollered, the door slammed by my daughter quickly after. I laughed while jogging towards the car. Harry was on the phone when I entered and didn't seem very pleased.

"I have plans tonight, you can't just spring that on me." He told them. I furrowed my brows, turning in my seat to face him.

"I don't care, Aria. Spend time with your son you sorry son of a bitch. Goodbye." He hung up quickly and I rolled my eyes, Aria managed to creep up a lot lately and I could tell it was stressing him out.

"You okay?" I asked him. He sped off out of the estate and gripped the wheel a little tighter than usual.

"She wanted me to pick up Noah, she made plans." He huffed.

"Oh, so we can get him now then?" I smiled.

"No," he breathed out. He looked at me for a few seconds then back to the road and I rode a brow. "I have plans for tonight, I love him to pieces but I want to make tonight special." He explained.

My heart fluttered and I looked down at the ring on my finger. It was so perfect, I wasn't a fan of jewelry so I was glad that it wasn't flashy. It was a simple silver band with a small diamond in the middle. All that I needed, really.

"Do you like it?" He asked, resting a hand on my leg as he let his thumb rub soft circles against my skin. I smiled and nodded, showing it to him on my finger. "It's amazing. I love it, thank you."

"The kids picked it, I just payed." He snickered. "I still can't believe you said yes."

"Why wouldn't I?" I laughed, watching how his tongue popped out for a second to lick over his bottom lip.