twenty eight

I adjusted the half apron tied around my waist and did a little victory dance to myself in the mirror. I was starting my training tonight and I was actually very excited. I was so tired of sitting in a room all day doing the same thing and I'm sure Annabel was too.

With the money I save I can give her a home, bring her places, you know...be a good mother.

"Mhm, Okay Mae, I'm waiting." Alessandra barked at me.

I turned on my heel and nodded at her. She was so very intimidating. Her jet black hair fell just at her jawline, emphasizing how sharp it was. Her big lips were the first thing you'd notice about her, right after her wide eyes that held a hidden rage inside of them.

She wore the uniform in her own way, which I was told not to do by Harry. Her simple black polo shirt was cut down to reveal her cleavage and the black jeans we were told to wear- she wore tight leather pants that hugged her ass so perfectly. She was hot as fuck.

I followed her to the empty bar where a few other staff members were setting up for the busy Friday night they had ahead and before I got started I shot a quick text to El to see how Annabel was doing.

"Hello?" Alexandra snapped her fingers at me and I jumped, almost running out after her. She brought two bottles of alcohol to the bar and told me their names, not that I'd remember though.

"Alright so this is a more popular cocktail, we sell about two hundred of these average a night. It's our tangtastic blast." Her monotone voice rang through my ears.

I watched her hands as they poured the bottles contents together so carefully yet skillfully and she then handed them to me. "Do it."

I nodded and took them from her before starting on my own glass. I wasn't really sure what I was doing but I just start pouring little bits here and there, alcohol was alcohol am I right?

"Eh...it'll do." She scoffed. She pushed the bottles away and poured the glasses out as we moved down the bar. "You know how to pull a pint?" She asked.

I looked to the beers on tap and nodded, how hard could it be.

She spent the next hour teaching me little bits here and there and I appreciated her doing it for me but honestly everything was forgotten by the time we were done.

"Okay so, this is supposed to be training broken into like two days but I have better shit to do so if you have any questions just ask someone." She announced.

My eyes widened slightly and I found myself nodding, without actually wanting to. Before I could reply she was gone and I kind of just stood there, deciding maybe to go find Harry to collect Ana before the bar filled up so that's exactly what I did.

I changed out of my uniform into some jeans and an old sweater as I dialed Harry's number. I put it to speaker and set it on the bed beside me as I put on some shoes.

"Harry speaking. Who's this?"

"You dick, do you not have my number saved?" I argued.

"Oh, Mae. Sorry I didn't even look at the caller ID." He laughed. He sounded weird, very weird.

I hummed and walked to the door with the phone, making sure I had my purse and key. "Are you still bringing me to collect Annabel? I promised her that I'd do her nails before bed time."

"Oh fuck- shit. Yeah." He groaned out.

I furrowed my brows as my stomach knotted together.

"Harry are you fucking having sex?" I yelled.