twenty one

"Wow, pretty." I mused at the false diamond ring currently on my ring finger as Harry drove us down a country road.

"She's calling! She's calling!!" He frantically yelled. I casually hit accept and arias face soon popped up on FaceTime.

"Mae." She greeted me. I nodded and waved as Harry pulled the car over. "So it's true.." she asked me.

"Oh yeah, it was so romantic. I couldn't resist." I gushed, putting a hand on my heart. She rolled her eyes and purses her lips.

"I still don't believe it."

"Oh for gods sake woman, what does it take with you?" Harry groaned.

"It's not believable." She barked at us. "Harry just admit it..look at me, your aria." She hummed at him. I watched him carefully, seeing how his eyes went all droopy over her as she hypnotized him. I snapped my fingers.

"Uh uh," I told him. He jolted and snapped out of his trance.

"No, Ari." He told her.

"Baby I love you. You know we're meant to be, you know it." She began to tear up and I gagged off camera, but Harry was slowly falling for it again.

"I know- I just.."

"No, go with your heart my love." She smiled. She wiped a false tear from her cheek and straightened herself up. "It's been you and me for ten years nearly."

Harry looked to me with sad eyes, about to say something and my eyes widened. He was about to fall for her shit. Not on my watch.

I popped my head back into view so she could see me and furrowed my brows. "You cheated on him with my boyfriend." I reminded her.

"Mae, you know it wasn't my fault. Jordan is manipulative- you'd know."

Wow, she was good.

Her eyes flickered between Harry and I with a small smile. "Harry, if you can look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me anymore, I'll let it go."

Harry gulped. So did I. He was gonna blow it and I had to act fast, and I did. My fingers intertwined with his and I squeezed his hand hard, hoping to snap him back to reality.

It seemed to work because Harry managed to pluck up the courage to stare at his former love, complete admiration in his eyes for a brief moment before he looked at me with the same look.

I can't lie, my heart began to speed up and I began squeezing his warm hand harder until I heard his voice through the silence of the car.

"I don't love you, Aria. I love Maelyn and that's that."

AN

Yeeeeeeeeeeet

Short af chapter I just have some major ass writers block if I'm honest w you ):

Back to longer chapters tomorrow ! Work is just taking up a looooot of my time. I appreciate all you tho tysm for the support always