fifty two

Annabel slipped ahead of Harry and I through the bright green trees and sang a chorus of 'slow pokes!' before Harry would chase her further into the forest.

"Wait up!" I called for them, jogging towards the direction they headed in. I was probably jogging for about thirty seconds when panic set in once I couldn't see them. I spun around to see if I had gone past them but no luck.

"Guys?" I yelled, looking from left to right. "Ana!?"

"BOO!"

I screamed loud, louder than when I birthed a human out of me and fell to my ass on the floor. Familiar laughter filled my ears and I scowled while Harry picked me back up to my feet. "Dickheads," I hissed, rubbing my lower back.

"Launguage!" Ana scolded me. I waved her off and frowned as they continued to laugh. "Not funny."

Ana cackled and held her stomach for emphasis, "Mum you should have seen your face!" She squealed and then proceeded to mimic my expressions. Fighting a smile, I went to walk ahead of them but Harry linked arms and pinched my cheek. "Did you get a fright?" He teased.

I smiled and pushed his hand away, our fingers now intertwined instead. Harry reached for Ana's hand, who gladly accepted the offer, and we strolled carelessly along the trail.

The spring air was so refreshing, I loved this time of year. I was with some of my favorite people, it was lovely.

The sun was beginning to set too, and it was only then that I realized how fast the day was going. We've been walking through the forest for about an hour now after already spending the day at a theme park. The pink and orange colors blending together to create a beautiful dream like view in the sky was starting to become hidden in the trees as we neared the end of the trail. Ana let go of Harry's hand and picked up a little stone, inspecting it closely.

"I'm gonna give this to Noah," she told us. I smiled and nodded, while Harry took a look at it. It was a small, white stone with specks of gold in it. It was unusual alright. "I'm sure he'll love it." I told her, watching as she tucked it into her jean pocket.

"I'm gonna FaceTime him later, if his mum lets him he said." She smiled to herself and proceeded to collect stones.

"It's so nice that they get along." Harry admitted, squeezing my hand slightly. I nodded and put my other hand into my pocket.

"Shame about the situation though," I sighed.

"Ignore it," He told me. "We're all healthy and happy, I've realized that not seeing him for a few days is better than not seeing him at all." He laughed. I could hear the pain in his voice and decided not to protest.

"I wonder what Aria thinks of the whole Mum thing from earlier, did she say anything to you?" I asked him. He shrugged and cocked his head to look at me for a second before his eyes trailed back to Ana. "No,"

"Why'd he call me that?" I asked him. It was the first time he had ever done so.

"No idea. He's been asking a lot lately about your status but..I usually avoid it." Harry chuckled. "Because I don't even think were aware of that."

I stifled a laugh and nodded in agreement. "Yeah but I mean, I consider us a family?"

"Yeah- no, I didn't mean it like that." He quickly corrected himself. "I just mean with us. I feel a bit weird calling you my girlfriend because we have Ana, and like were a bit old for that." He admitted.

I frowned slightly, did he not consider us as a couple or am I missing something here? I didn't have a reply for that, and he knew that so he continued to ramble about how he didn't mean it in the way I thought he did, but we both ended up confused to the point where he stopped walking to try and explain. I was very amused at this point and so was Ana as she watched us both curiously.

"What I mean," he breathed out. His hands were shaking abnormally and he pushed his fingers through his hair. "I don't want to call you my girlfriend," He laughed out. He wasn't helping his case right now.

I crossed my arms over and rose a brow. He ushered Ana over and whispered into her ear, a bright smile spreading over her pretty face and my heart began to race. I had a bad suspicion of what he was doing and I don't think I was ready.

Annabel reached into her little backpack and handed a box to Harry, who lowered onto one knee and I swear I almost bolted out of existence.

"What are you doing?!" I gasped, looking around us for anyone who was about to witness this mess. "Harry get up." I laughed at him.

"No, wait." He cleared his throat and his shaky hands fumbled with the black velvet box until it opened up to display a dainty diamond ring.

Tears sprung to my eyes immediately and I bit down on my lip. There's no way he was actually doing this, what is going on?

The sight of the love of my life on his knees began to blur from tears and I could hear him laugh nervously while I laughed out of shock. He put an arm around Ana and she smiled proudly up at me. "I helped pick it!"

I joined my hands together and continued to stand still while all my emotions rushed through me in one.

"Mae, you know I love you, and it's quite obvious at this point.." He began. Oh here it comes. "You've blessed me since the day you jumped out onto my bloody roof when we were seventeen, up until this very day. We spent some years apart...and I am forever remorseful for why, but I promise to dedicate the rest of my life to your happiness, and the kids and the rest of our little family that will come."

His words I took in, but two seconds later laughter came too from all three of us. He was crazy, and I had questions as to why he thought more kids were coming but I'd save that later.

"So, would you be my wife?" He finally asks. For added effect and persuasion, he wiggled his brow and then scrunched his face cutely as he awaited an answer.

Nothing in my life had ever felt so right than how it feels right now. Ana nodded eagerly at me, persuading me to say yes as I ugly cried at them both, they were so precious.

Nodding, I wiped my eyes. "Yes," I laughed out.

"Yaaay!! Mummy and Daddy are going to be married!" Ana screamed, bypassers a little confused until they noticed Harry sliding the ring onto my finger.

I had never seen a wider smile on a man than the one he displayed for me right now. I wasn't given a chance to talk because he began hollering and cheering while hugging me tightly. My heart was so full it was amazing, I have never felt a love like this before. I had so many questions for him and my head felt as though it could explode as I processed everything. Harry hoisted me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck while he stared at me lovingly. I've never seen this side of him before.

He held me up by the back of my thighs and thanked me repeatedly, but when I asked for what all he did was smile and kiss me.

And this, this right here, is what it's all for.